Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA returning to Muscat, Oman?

• MilesOnPoint 80 posts

Until recently (2019?) BA used to fly to Muscat, Oman

I believe this was a tag flight on their service to Abu Dhabi (LHR-AUH-MCT)

Do we think they are likely to restart this route any time soon?

Could the news of Oman Air’s application to join Oneworld kicked the restart of BA flights into touch?

Thoughts on a post card as I would love to be able to use Avios/2for1 to go there for Winter Sun in 2023 (Dubai is very much not my cup of tea).

bungalow 178 posts

+1

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,203 posts

Would be keen to see it back too. Numerous new resorts opening up.

Obviously Qatar Airways is an Avios option but no 241.

MilesOnPoint 80 posts

Thanks Rob, fingers crossed BA will add back to Network soon.

We have a newborn on the way, so direct flights would be a priority (but would happily take BA metal on a tag flight, if they added MCT to one of their Dubai frequencies).

Think we may end up looking for a reasonable cash fare on Oman air and look to status match to Sindbad Gold status for lounge/baggage perks

Norsksaint 17 posts

Highly recommend Oman. Was out in Muscat for 9 days total. Thanks to this website managed to secure Swiss Biz companion fare (although now pursuing an EU261 case against swiss, lesson learned book LH), as well as use a leftover Anantara voucher that HfP’s recommended back in 2020 just as the pandemic hit.

If you do book, definitely look to do something outside of Muscat for a part of the time. I ended up staying at the Al Jabal al Akhdar resort in the mountains 2hrs outside of Muscat. An incredible stay, and quite possibly one of the best hotels in the world I have stayed at!

Good luck and enjoy, Oman is much more authentic than its neighbours, very much an under the radar destination.

Flying Moonwards 31 posts

Would be very keen for BA bringing back the AUH – MCT flight. Muscat is beautiful and Abu Dhabi (once covid restrictions end) is an excellent Plan B when Dubai flights are at capacity (as they have been a lot, recently!)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.