Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Covid travel BA Verifly app – is it rubbish?

BA Verifly app – is it rubbish?

• tomahawk

Could people share their experiences with this? Reading the stuff on the internet it appears to be worse than useless and I really don’t want to spend god knows how long setting this up for a 6 person family holiday to find it doesn’t work. The only reason I am considering bothering to do so is so that we can check in online.

Ibblybibbly

Don’t believe everything you read. I’ve used it (with my wife) about 7/8 times and it’s been a piece of cake and saved loads of hassle at the airport. So far, when I’ve used it, I’ve never been asked for any documentation whatsoever. Even my Business Partner and his wife used it and he’s a complete technofobe.

Rui N.

You don’t need to use the app, you can upload all documents at: traveldocs.ba.com
    It takes a few hours for them to be verified, but after that it allows you to check in online.

(Agree that Verify is awful; tried to use it, had issues with middle names in the reservation vs. NHS Covid pass; solved that, said I wasn’t fully vaccinated because my booster was less than 2 weeks ago…)

JDB

You can search the forum for the word ‘Verifly’ to see various different views, mainly positive. We found it saved a lot of time and it isn’t difficult or time consuming to set up once you have your destination paperwork sorted out, something you need to do anyway.

tomahawk

I used the traveldocs.ba.com site a few months ago but went away recently and it seemed that the option to do it that way has been removed? Are you sure it still exists?

Rui N.

It worked last week and the week before… it was BA that sent me the link on the outbound flight before Xmas.
    Did everything through there and no documents were checked anywhere else.

On the inbound I tried Verifly and, oh well, ended up on the website in any case and it went without a hitch.

• This reply was modified 53 years, 1 month ago by .
    Gavin454

I’ve used it several times and it’s always worked fine, and has saved a lot of time and hassle at the airport.

The one time I didn’t use it due to a very last minute booking, I sorely wished I had been able to, because the agent almost didn’t let me check-in due to being unsure about the details of my Chronomics fit to fly certificate (took about 30 minutes and a long call to a supervisor!). Verifly would have avoided any of that hassle, and additionally there are Verifly fast-track lanes in T5 which were moving much quicker than the normal queues and would have saved another 40 minutes.

tomahawk

Thats strange. The email they sent me only gave Verifly as an option. Maybe it depends on the route, or what mood the BA IT department are in.

grahamrb

I’ve used it a couple of times now. I found it useful for the purpose it is designed for – it makes sure you’ve done all the things you need to do to get into the country your going to! I’d say that it gets the job done; the main thing is to not set your expectations too high on it being a high quality app.

Flew back from the US recently and the queues to check in were massive because staff were checking vaccine/test documentation, when I got to the front I showed my Verifly pass and was done in 2 minutes, most people didn’t have it done and it was circa 10 minutes per group.

masaccio

Have used for the US and Caribbean and main benefit for me was a third party check that I had all the documents I needed before I got to the airport. Forgetting something that you can’t quickly create at the airport means you miss the flight.

The app is awful but it works and saves time at the airport as well as giving peace of mind.

davefl

Thats strange. The email they sent me only gave Verifly as an option. Maybe it depends on the route, or what mood the BA IT department are in.

Verifly only has a limited number of routes and airlines.

My recent flights used Verifly for Zagreb on BA, traveldocs.ba.com for Larnaca (BA) another and no option to pre-verify for a Helsinki.on Finnair.

It’s a complete lottery.

Not Long Now...

Has saved us 2 big queues, at LHR and YVR. Outbound in September our check in was simply show verifly green circle and passport, but people next to us who also had verifly had assistant who ignored it and wanted all documentation. Hopefully that inconsistency has gone now

cats_are_best

If it’s on the route you use, then it may save time. The trouble is that I don’t think there’s any way of knowing in advance if it’ll be accepted other than experience/reports from others.

I’ve tried to use it three times, each time at check-in the agent has said they know nothing about it and I’ve had to show the separate test certificates, vaccine status, PLFs etc., which I had ready anyway, so no delay other than the time wasted with Verifly.

The last time I gave up before even getting to the airport, as the app had incorrect requirements for UK entry, their customer support wouldn’t accept my documents even when referred to the gov.uk page with the correct info. If they can’t get things right it defeats the whole purpose.

From my perspective it’s been a total failure.

dougzz99

I’ve used Verifly and it works fine. It’s a bit glitchy, doesn’t handle time zones well for example, but it can save you a lot of time at the check-in desk. BA may use Verifly but it’s not their product.

tomahawk

The main thing I want to use it for is so that I can check in online and get the seats sorted out – have people found that this bit of it works, once its verified all the docs?

dougzz99

The main thing I want to use it for is so that I can check in online and get the seats sorted out – have people found that this bit of it works, once its verified all the docs?

Yes and no, and when yes not always quickly. Do Verify as early as you’re able, but appreciate this is largely about timing requirements of docs being uploaded.

conspicuous-capybara

The app itself was okay when I used it, bit clunky but worked as intended and let me check in/select seats, but I still had to spend an hour queuing at OSL for a bag drop, because there were no separate lanes for either Oneworld status holders or separate bag drops for already checked-in passengers. Obviously if you’re only travelling with hand baggage, or your origin airport has a decent ground experience, this isn’t a concern.

Took about two hours to get my documentation verified from the time I uploaded it, after which BA would let me check in.

Whisper2

It worked very well for us last month. My wife enter our plf/vax and randox certificates on her phone and the next morning we had our green tick. Checked in online and nothing further was checked at the airport – just our passports (like the good old days).
    Not the easiest app to use certainly – but it worked fine for us.

JD

Used it for my family of 4 on a return trip LHR to DXB – worked perfectly and saved no end of hassle in terms of showing documents.

The First wing at LHR was full of people shuffling bits of paper and getting into a state about whether they had the correct documents or not – with Verifly we did not have to show a single thing, all done in advance – sailed through.

Talking to the First wing staff, a lot of people appear to be taking the “we’ll sort out all the documents at the airport” approach – which if it is possible is v slow and in many cases is impossible because you need to have collected the relevant tests / paperwork in advance…

One point though, you do still need to bring the paperwork with you… – in DXB on arrival they wanted to review our printed PCR results.

Peggerz

In theory it works. App is a bit fiddly, but fine. Keeps all your docs in one place, verified and clear to see.
    In my experience in practice when I used it coming thru HER to LHR in October, the member of check in staff -in an outstation, so not BA staff – showed the app to her colleagues in a ‘so this is what that app looks like’ kind of way and then asked for our documents, ignoring Verifly.
    So for me it was a waste of time & effort.

Damian

Used successfully on BA flights saving time before boarding. I was held up at Christmas at Heathrow checking bags for an Aer Lingus flight to Cork by passengers who hadn’t uploaded their documents to verifly and were flapping with bits of paper. Those that had completed verifly were waved through quickly.

ennem

Hi all. Currently in Barbados, its Wednesday morning, flying back to UK on Friday evening. We took our pre-departure tests just now and tried to upload them to Verifly. Unfortunately Verifly has our departure time showing in UK time – 00:10 on Saturday rather than 20:10 Friday local time. It therefore says our tests have been taken a day too early. Are we screwed?

Alan H

Just tried updating for a flight tomorrow following LFT this morning. It wrongly states that the test needs to be 24hrs before rather than the day before which is what GCM requires. I therefore won’t be using it further.

jamesv92

Unfortunately for us last week flying to and from New York it was terrible.

I didn’t realise you couldn’t check-in until verifly was completed, normally I’d select seats at the check-in point 24 hours before but it didn’t allow it anymore until verifly was complete. Our covid test was in the morning for an evening flight so went to complete it then once we had it but then informed we were too late. Result was we had to check-in and show everything at airport anyway and had limited choice of seats.

With all the above in mind we were fully prepared for the return and completed verifly 48hrs before with everything uploaded. Problem this time was BA app identified that I’d completed it but didn’t identify my partner had even though theirs was completed first. Tried to change/redo theirs but said “sorry you’re too late.” The result was same again had to show documents and unable to pick seats. Another weird observation I think was that our flight was 23:15 on 1st January but verifly only allowed to input 04:15 on 2nd January – the UK time zone version, don’t know if that was also an issue but thought it was silly.

JimBurgessHill

Hi all. Currently in Barbados, its Wednesday morning, flying back to UK on Friday evening. We took our pre-departure tests just now and tried to upload them to Verifly. Unfortunately Verifly has our departure time showing in UK time – 00:10 on Saturday rather than 20:10 Friday local time. It therefore says our tests have been taken a day too early. Are we screwed?

The good news is you no longer need a test to fly to U.K. if you’re arriving in U.K. after 4am Friday. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.