Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help Crew catching covid – triggers EC261?

• Charles Martel 124 posts

I travelled yesterday on this service, delayed by 2hrs 38 due to the scheduled flight crew contracting coronavirus. It is obviously not eligible for EU261 but is it worth complaining to BA for any ex gratia compensation? An email was sent stating a refreshment voucher was available for collection from the check in desks which was entirely useless as it was sent an hour before scheduled departure when I expect the majority of passengers would have cleared security.

I made the situation worse by clearing security and the border control before realising the lounge was landside.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Lady London 2,046 posts

No compo and don’t even bother asking for ex gratia. You won’t get anywhere and TBH whilst I appreciate the inconvenience, with that excuse for the delay in these times I think it would be tacky to ask.

Charles Martel 124 posts

No compo and don’t even bother asking for ex gratia. You won’t get anywhere and TBH whilst I appreciate the inconvenience, with that excuse for the delay in these times I think it would be tacky to ask.

Thanks for the candour, it does feel like a “first world problem” but I was hoping I might squeeze a few Avios out of them 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.