Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Barclaycard Avios free card additional 5k points missing?

• HFPCar 56 posts

I signed up and used the Head for points referral I have received 5k avios am I right in thinking I should have received some additional points?
    Thanks

HFPCar 56 posts

bump

Mick S 271 posts

might be wrong on this, as I lost interest in this card when I wasnt eligible.

I think the 5k you are referring to his for signing up via HFP, and the additional is once you have spent the qualifying amount.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

The HfP 5,000 Avios should have been dropped directly into your BA account (you won’t see it in the Barclaycard app) over the last week.

HFPCar 56 posts

The HfP 5,000 Avios should have been dropped directly into your BA account (you won’t see it in the Barclaycard app) over the last week.

Thanks @Rob i have the 5k last week was there an additional amount if i spend over 1K?

HFPCar 56 posts

i found the email i was send from HFP

• No annual fee
    • A sign-up bonus for new Barclaycard customers of 5,000 Avios if you spend £1,000 in three months
    • An additional 5,000 Avios – which you receive irrespective of whether you hit the spend target for the main bonus – if you apply and are accepted via Head for Points by 4th April 2022

so I should get another 5000 avios points
    Please advise thanks

HFPCar 56 posts

bump anyone?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

The 5,000 from last week will be our bonus.

If you are still due 5,000 from hitting £1k this month those will transfer with the points from your normal monthly spending.

In retrospect we could have saved a bit of grief for a lot of people by making the HfP bonus 5,001 Avios.

tarq 5 posts

Hi Rob, I applied and was accepted via Head for Points by 4th April 2022, and I’ve also spent £1000+. I haven’t received either of the 5k bonuses. Am I right in thinking that I should have received the HfP 5k at the very least? If so, what should I do?

HFPCar 56 posts

The 5,000 from last week will be our bonus.

If you are still due 5,000 from hitting £1k this month those will transfer with the points from your normal monthly spending.

In retrospect we could have saved a bit of grief for a lot of people by making the HfP bonus 5,001 Avios.

i hear you
    Many thanks i hit the 3 months spending of 1k almost in the 1st month!

AFKAE 145 posts

Just prompted me to look at mine (strictly speaking the Mrs). We spent the £1K pretty quickly (just over 1 month). 1st Avios transfer from Barclaycard was 4th May (just over 6000 points) and the following day the HFP 5000 points posted

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.