Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Best European hotels for a honeymoon

• cska 55 posts

Hello all,

Planning a short getaway for a European honeymoon and would appreciate any recommendations on the best hotels you would recommend in Europe for a relaxing, luxurious chilled break in August time. Preferably somewhere on the beach with sea views! We are also planning a long haul honeymoon but with work plans it will be hard to get the time away straight after the wedding.

Appreciate any advice or suggestions!

can 506 posts

Well, what is your budget, loyalty and summer preferences?

First came to mind are the Marriott properties in Greek Islands as well as some Hiltons in Croatia.
    There is also some high-end properties in Turkey: LXR and Edition near Bodrum, Six Senses far from Bodrum.

Richie 986 posts

7 Pines Ibiza maybe.

Michael Scott 20 posts

We’re not normally in to all inclusive holidays but went to Ikos Dassia earlier this year which would be a great place for a honeymoon

jj 520 posts

Hello all,

Planning a short getaway for a European honeymoon and would appreciate any recommendations on the best hotels you would recommend in Europe for a relaxing, luxurious chilled break in August time. Preferably somewhere on the beach with sea views! We are also planning a long haul honeymoon but with work plans it will be hard to get the time away straight after the wedding.

Appreciate any advice or suggestions!

You’ll be swamped by kids in August, which won’t feel very luxurious. Make sure you choose an adult-only place.

maybe I’m just a little odd, but I guess I’d challenge whether lounging on a beach, probably reading a book whilst listening to music and surrounded by dozens of other unfashionably lardy guests, might be a little clichéd and perhaps not the best way to spend time together on a honeymoon: it sounds more like a trip for exhausted families or old folk whose energy has deserted them. Assuming you’re young and energetic, I’d sacrifice luxury and stay far off the beaten track in a quiet boutique hotel to enjoy a shared adventure exploring someplace seriously offbeat.

Graham-Walsh 61 posts

We went to Stella Island in Crete for our honeymoon this year, was really nice. Adults only

The Savage Squirrel 567 posts

maybe I’m just a little odd, but I guess I’d challenge whether lounging on a beach, probably reading a book whilst listening to music and surrounded by dozens of other unfashionably lardy guests, might be a little clichéd and perhaps not the best way to spend time together on a honeymoon: it sounds more like a trip for exhausted families or old folk whose energy has deserted them. Assuming you’re young and energetic, I’d sacrifice luxury and stay far off the beaten track in a quiet boutique hotel to enjoy a shared adventure exploring someplace seriously offbeat.

They did say they had a separate long haul trip planned for that sort of thing. Weddings with planning and family-herding can be exhausting as well as joyful so, given this, the short trip immediately after the wedding is surely to recharge the batteries with a reasonable amount of shagging time together thrown in.

Domes or Ikos and various Greek islands or Ibiza seem the first port of call, but you didn’t give a budget, so assuming it’s infinity, how about the French Riviera and Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc near Antibes or Grand Hotel Cap Ferrat.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.