Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life Best hotel bars

• TGLoyalty 529 posts

After the news The Westbury was being converted to a St Regis and it was to retain the well regarded Polo Bar, which I’d personally never heard of and sounded like I should have popped in when passing.

I thought it would be interesting if there were any hidden gems out there or even just discuss the best of the usual suspects?

A few to get us started

I do enjoy a Martini in The Connaught Bar when staying / near by.

Had a great couple drinks at Donovan Bar @ Brown’s Hotel (Rocco Forte) a couple weekends ago, parmesan chunks as snacks was a new one on me though.

The Edition Bar has a nice buzz when it’s busy

Yet to visit the well regarded luggage room @ Marriott Grovesnor Square or Punch Room @ Edition.

Any others?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    PointsChaser 36 posts

If you like Martini’s you should check out the Dukes Bar in Mayfair.

masaccio 722 posts

If you like something different, Scarfes Bar in Holborn has really interesting cocktails though they are very pricey. We were in Rules at the weekend and that was good; they didn’t blink at me asking for a Last Word.

TGLoyalty 529 posts

If you like Martini’s you should check out the Dukes Bar in Mayfair.

I’ve heard good things. I tend to drop into places when going past / nearby but perhaps I should take a detour for Dukes sometime.

@massacio still one of my regrets not biting on the great covid rates at Rosewood! (by rosewood standards ofcourse)

Last word is a new one on me will give it a try next time I’m in a decent bar. I’ve heard good things about upstairs at rules so not surprised though not a hotel bar Ofcourse.

Heard very good things about the bar at The Ned too

Mouse 173 posts

Had a great couple drinks at Donovan Bar @ Brown’s Hotel (Rocco Forte) a couple weekends ago, parmesan chunks as snacks was a new one on me though.

Those Grana Padano chunks are the single best bar snack I’ve ever been served!

masaccio 722 posts

Those Grana Padano chunks are the single best bar snack I’ve ever been served!

Oh god, yes. And to think people just grate it on stuff

TGLoyalty 529 posts

I agree I enjoyed them with the olives just never experienced that before (I think)

Michael C 671 posts

Just to add on to the Donovan tip, the afternoon tea at Brown’s is fab, too – and limitless food!

TGLoyalty 529 posts

Too late to correct my own post and I meant The NoMad!

But re The Ned it has a decent vibe with live music on weekend evenings, the vault bar and rooftop are only accessible to soho house members now rather than guests. Boo!

T_London 39 posts

The Fumoir at Claridge’s has got to be one of my favourites! Annoyingly you can’t reserve a table though. I also think the Coral Room at The Bloomsbury is lovely.

TGLoyalty 529 posts

Any new contenders for 2022 I’ll be in town for a few days around the HfP party.

George K 292 posts

Not necessarily new, but I like the bar at The Bloomsbury.

If you want to go all in and price is no object, I recommend the Baccarat bar at Harrods.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.