Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Booking LATAM (Brazil) with Avios

• Gin123 10 posts

I was able to book LATAM flights late last year via Iberia (had to move my Avios from BAEC to Iberia though).

When booking your LATAM flights on Iberia website, did it include hand carry and check in luggage?

newel 28 posts

I was able to book LATAM flights late last year via Iberia (had to move my Avios from BAEC to Iberia though).

When booking your LATAM flights on Iberia website, did it include hand carry and check in luggage?

It does include check in baggage (at least for the two flights I booked through Iberia). I know this because I called up LATAM afterwards and confirmed directly with them. They were actually very helpful and answered the phone very quickly. They sent me the e-ticket receipt which clearly detailed “one piece” of checked luggage was included on all the flights I had booked (including on both legs on the one that was a connecting flight).

The main drawback that has been mentioned by others is the flights are not cancellable/refundable. In my case I still went ahead and booked through Iberia because some of the flights were very expensive with cash fares so I felt it was worth the risk

Gin123 10 posts

It does include check in baggage (at least for the two flights I booked through Iberia). I know this because I called up LATAM afterwards and confirmed directly with them. They were actually very helpful and answered the phone very quickly. They sent me the e-ticket receipt which clearly detailed “one piece” of checked luggage was included on all the flights I had booked (including on both legs on the one that was a connecting flight).

The main drawback that has been mentioned by others is the flights are not cancellable/refundable. In my case I still went ahead and booked through Iberia because some of the flights were very expensive with cash fares so I felt it was worth the risk

Thanks

alexm 44 posts

With iberia online for latam, they don’t offer online to every airport, only select partner ones will show up

Another option is always lifemiles if you have them can be used on GOL

krautboy 56 posts

You can also use Flying Blue with KLM to book GOL flights as well, tends to be a bit more expensive though compared to Avios & LATAM.

mzb 64 posts

Gol can also be booked with Emirates miles. The redemption table was devalued recently, 3 yrs ago there was some great value to be had especially on international Gol flights (to Argentina or Uruguay).

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/skywards/partners/gol/

ddavid1101 1 post

We successfully booked LATAM flights using Avios points.

Here is what we did:

1. First confirm availability of Reward flights of Latam with Delta (option also available to book with AMEX MR points).
    2. Call the BA Exec Club and you need to speak to an experienced agent, not all know that you can now use Avios for Latam again.
    3. Let them know exactly the flights that you want, and they should book it for you using Avios points.

Just some side notes: When using Delta, you get drop off luggage of 23 kgs included. With BA, you dont get that included and we had to call again for us to get the LATAM booking reference so we can see our reservation on the Latam web page.

Delta seems to charge a flat fee of 10k MR points. Avios varies depending on length of flight and connections. Can be between 8k – 17k Avios from what we saw.

Hope this helps someone.

BA site seems to allow booking on LATAM now. I just booked GRU to MIA which states it allows 1 checked bag free. I was also looking at GRU to FLN domestic within Brazil and its at 6K miles and also states 1 checked bag. Can you confirm that LATAM does show no checked luggage included for Brazil Domestic booking via BA Avios?

Also, anyone know if you can select your seats now on LATAM once you get the LATAM confirmation/order details?

qc 205 posts

I have booked Latam flights using Avios on BA.COM – has anyone managed to choose seats?

tp1404 33 posts

Hi, I have managed to book seats by logging into LATAM with the BA reference number. There is a quirk though. The BA reference number won’t work on the ‘manage my trips’ section. But if you put the BA reference number into the ‘Check-In’ section, even if you’re too far out for online check-in, it will let you see your booking and gives you the LATAM reference number which ultimately let’s you then use the LATAM reference number to access the ‘manage my trip’ section. A bit complex I know, but it gets you there to pick seats.

qc 205 posts

Thank you – I’ll try that.

qc 205 posts

That worked brilliantly and not that difficult so thanks again @tp1404

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.