Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club How to book Qatar Airways with Avios

• superkingtango 11 posts

Hi Guys, Had a quick scan throught the forum, but can’t find an answer.
    I’ve been trying to book a couple of business class flights LHR-BKK with Qatar (later in the year – Nov to be precise) on the BA site, but none seem available. Only showing Japan airlines & Finnair.
    Plenty of availability on the Qatar website.
    Bearing in mind i’m something of a novice – can anyone give me any pointers?
    Cheers 🙂

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Andrew J 769 posts

Sounds like there’s no Avios availability for the dates you want on QR. QR have a sale on at the moment so you could book a cash ticket and spend your Avios at Sainsbury’s.

Aston100 1,388 posts

Would the World Cup be a factor?

ChrisC 956 posts

BA can only show the availabilty another partner makes available to them so yes it’s perfectly possible to see rewards on QR (as operating airline) but not on BA in the same way BA can only offer the cheapest AA award level

Why not give AY a try. they are a good airline

Benilyn 150 posts

Qatar has more availability for their programme vs what they give to their partners. It is a case of checking regularly to see what comes up.

lcy8737 11 posts

AY are still operating long haul aircraft on some of the LHR-HEL rotations, so it could be a pretty comfortable ride to BKK.

superkingtango 11 posts

Thanks for your help guys – much appreciated

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.