Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Can I use Avios to upgrade a BA Holiday booking?

• chelseafifi 53 posts

Looking at options, could I book a Long haul BA Holiday in WTP and then upgrade using Avios to club if available? If so what also happens to the flexibility of the booking. Thanks

yonasl 954 posts

Don’t know if it is posible but in all my WTP holidays upgrades have been imposible just using the website so expect having to call BA! (Which requires a holiday afterwards)

FatherOfFour 283 posts

You should be able to do it- this from Flyertalk article on Upgrade Using Avios:

01 UuA on BA only flights, booked through a BA sales channel

You can upgrade from economy to premium economy on all published fares except Q, O, and G. You can upgrade any World Traveller Plus or Club World fare to the next available cabin. One-way UuAs are possible at any time as is cherry picking individual sectors for upgrade.

I would suggest this “might” be available from within Manage My Booking (there is an upgrade using Avios link in my booking), but if not, as yonasl says, you might need to brave the call centre.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    marks7389 425 posts

Yes, you can do it. I have first-hand experience of this from a trip earlier in the year. I did the holiday booking online, selecting flight for which I knew there was plenty of redemption availability in Club World, and then immediately phoned to do the UuA upgrade. I don’t think I was able to do the upgrade online, at least not immediately after booking.

Note there is some risk attached to that in that the redemption availability could have been snapped up in between. If you are travelling after 30th September when Book with Confidence ceases to apply it may be better to phone them to make the booking and upgrade at the same time.

They will add the additional taxes and fees to the holiday balance.

achoogirl 33 posts

Yes, you can do it. I have first-hand experience of this from a trip earlier in the year. I did the holiday booking online, selecting flight for which I knew there was plenty of redemption availability in Club World, and then immediately phoned to do the UuA upgrade. I don’t think I was able to do the upgrade online, at least not immediately after booking.

Note there is some risk attached to that in that the redemption availability could have been snapped up in between. If you are travelling after 30th September when Book with Confidence ceases to apply it may be better to phone them to make the booking and upgrade at the same time.

They will add the additional taxes and fees to the holiday balance.

Good to know. I asked when on the phone to BA a few weeks back and they said now. May have been because calls were diverted to the Avios team. Am sure I’ve done this in the past so good to know you’ve done it

MattB 261 posts

As others have said no problem doing this but you have to call the BA holiday number and not the executive club. The silly thing is the hols team will put you on hold whilst they call to check the availability and also have to get the price adjusted which is not always instant so will probably have to call you back (but to be fair they do).

chelseafifi 53 posts

Thank you all very much for replies

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.