Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Cancelling avios flights…

• VickyTM 111 posts

Quick question, if I need to cancel an avios booking, do I still need to call BA, or has the ability to do it on the website been re-instated? Trying decide whether to book one or not.
    Thanks

Bill 169 posts

I did it on live chat. Request voucher page seems to say the refund should go through for avios bookings but it didn’t for me. So I had to use chat

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

In theory you should be able to cancel online for travel dates up to the end of September, but a couple of people have posted that it’s not happening. Beyond that you definitely can’t.

Richie 989 posts

I’m finding that the chat function works well.

To dare is to do 130 posts

I also had to use chat to cancel, I tried to sort out my refund of avois on 241 return trip, but was told that had to now be a phone call. So far I’ve tried chat twice and 1 phone call to get that sorted. 4th time lucky when I can bring myself to try again. 🤞🏻

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

It sounds like they’ve no intention of restoring the online cancellation function – how on earth does this serve anyone? It just creates more work for the call centres and drains the last reserves of goodwill from customers!

roger 232 posts

At the moment BA Silver line is also not accepting calls, not sure about general line.

To dare is to do 130 posts

I was on chat for 70 mins, cancel reward booking, chase up 241 voucher and points from a previous cancellation and tried to get my points sorted out after I added my return to 241 booking. That’s after wait 25mins to get to front of queue.
    Why they’ve removed the very easy to do function for cancelling reward flights is a mystery only they know. I managed 2 out of 3 still ongoing saga for my 17k points to be returned.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.