Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Card not arrived

• NunoBettencourtsPinky 107 posts

Likewise – card arrived today – applied and accepted 28th.

Gothbe 47 posts

Accepted on 28th March. Pin arrived around 5th April but no card after two weeks. I’ve also had several emails quoting the last 4 digits of the card and telling me to sign up to the app.

expbco 2 posts

Like all of these complaint, I registered and was accepted on 28th March. I have received numerous emails telling me to register my card, about the Apple apps and more. Each email contained the last 4 digits of my card. Received the PIN last week (on the 5th April I think)but still no card! I have sent them messages which allow very few characters to explain the problem with no reply. I have tried calling and last week I was told the response time would be 25 minutes, this morning I was told 40 minutes and ended up getting cut off after about 20 minutes.

I have no idea when it will arrive. I have a couple of big spends coming up which I was hoping to use the card for. Wishful thinking I guess!

All in all atrocious customer service … if it wasn’t for the Avios benefits I would cancel it now but will hang on for a bit longer.

Ant68 56 posts

You have to wonder if this is principally a data gathering exercise on Barclay’s part, and that the issuing and management of a credit card isn’t that important to them.

rum 275 posts

You have to wonder if this is principally a data gathering exercise on Barclay’s part, and that the issuing and management of a credit card isn’t that important to them.

Ooohhhh now there’s an interesting point. It would appear to make sense – they are clearly not capable of running a credit card (of any sort), so it does make one wonder…

Rui N. 829 posts

You do know that Barclay’s were the ones that launched credit cards in the UK, right?

iamlost 108 posts

Are you talking about the same Barclaycard that’s the number one credit card brand in the UK with 27% market share (according to a 2018 article anyway)………

Ant68 56 posts

Are you talking about the same Barclaycard that’s the number one credit card brand in the UK with 27% market share (according to a 2018 article anyway)………

I have worked in the credit card business in a number of management roles so yes, I do know that. But thank you for that information, which may be useful for people who know very little about such things.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Ant68 56 posts

You do know that Barclay’s were the ones that launched credit cards in the UK, right?

Thank you for trying to score a point at my expense. See above.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

That’s like saying Manchester United have a great history and therefore will always be winning.

Pointless having a history if the current set of product managers are useless.

Rui N. 829 posts

Thank you for trying to score a point at my expense. See above.

You do know I did not reply to you, right?

toddy 113 posts

Clearly all these cards can’t be lost in the post.

+1

Think Barclaycard need to conduct a review on when & where cards were actually sent. IMO highly likely cards were marked as dispatched but are still in the manufacturing queue…

Accepted on the 30th.
    On the phone to them now and it was supposedly sent on the 4th. Another one “lost in the post”…

Blindman67 136 posts

Clearly all these cards can’t be lost in the post.

+1

Think Barclaycard need to conduct a review on when & where cards were actually sent. IMO highly likely cards were marked as dispatched but are still in the manufacturing queue…

Accepted on the 30th.
    On the phone to them now and it was supposedly sent on the 4th. Another one “lost in the post”…

Accepted 30th March
    Supposedly posted 1st April-due to arrive 6th April

PIN arrived Friday 8th
    Card arrived Monday 11th April

Spent £3k already.

Now to try to downgrade to the free card or even close it….

NorthernLass 7,474 posts

Our card arrived mid-March after 2 weeks of chasing. We’ve now earned the SUB and voucher and got the first 2 months’ fees back, but will probably now have to wait another few weeks for the 5,000 “sorry” avios.

orcadian1 6 posts

Barclaycard have an absolute card crash on their hands.
    My card was approved 29 March. Today, Tuesday 12 April – 14 days after my online application was approved – my card arrived in the post.
    Here’s what happened meantime:
    I got an email on 7 April telling me to activate my card – but it hadn’t arrived.
    On 9 April I got my PIN through the post.
    That day I tried to phone the Barclaycard helpline at 4:30pm to tell them my card had gone missing in the post – the Barclaycard robot said “Please confirm – your card hasn’t arrived in the post?” and I said “Yes” but then got an automated voice saying their phone line closed at 5pm (Saturday) and that the waiting time in the queue was 40 mins (ie my call wouldn’t be answered at all by a human being).
    On Monday 11 April I tried again to phone Barclays this time using another number – the main number to report stolen cards, as it never arrived in the post.
    At 5:02 pm I got an automated voice saying the telephone queue was over 2 hours….!!!!
    At which point, I realised nearly everyone hasn’t received their card.
    Decided to wait it out until next day. Turned out to be the right decision for me.
    But delayed Royal Mail delivery is not the most secure system for Barclaycard.

Steven 80 posts

Applied on 28th March. Pin received but no sign of card.

Called yesterday to query. After waiting 2 hours and 57 minutes for someone to pick up the phone, was told they have yet to send it out yet due to backlog.

Molly 88 posts

Accepted 28th March

PIN arrived Friday 8th
    Card arrived Monday 11th April

Activated card all working, yet to try adding to Curve. Now to ask for a refund of £20 on my 1st statement as I couldn’t use my account without the card.

Tetly1967 6 posts

Very similar to others

Accepted on 28th

PIN arrived on 5th

Various attempts to call – gave up when told the queue was in excess of an hour

Card arrived yesterday!

AB29 9 posts

My card arrived and I used the Curve Back in Time feature to shift spend over from before I’d even applied and got a nice bonus in that a bill that was going to be due in April is now pushed back a couple of weeks.

I tried to set the Barclaycard up for Apple Pay but that’s not possible so it’s now linked through the Curve card which you can use with Apple Pay.

I know I’m sounding a bit like an ad for Curve but I’m just happy that I learnt all this on HfP – it’s working well for me.

Steven 80 posts

Out of curiosity, when cards are sent out, is everyone getting a text message to let them know the card is on its way or are some getting the card through the door without ever receiving a text? Thanks.

kmeand 5 posts

Seems to be a recurring theme of incompetence on the part of Barclaycard. I applied on 29th, card still not arrived. Bundle of quite random emails arrived – including a customer service questionnaire asking how the process was (shocking!)

Managed to get someone via twitter to call me – £20 already on my account – for a card that isn’t activated.

Much as I liked the idea of this card – the entire process is a shambles and I don’t trust Barclaycard to actually improve it – the number of random vague emails when I havent yet activated is just embarrassing.

They offered to credit the £20 and send a new card. I decided that this might be the first of many issue and decided to cancel the whole thing.

Rather than win new customers they have made me realise that I shouldnt go near them with a bargepole. Incompetent shambles. A failed launch of what may have been a good product.

egghedx 10 posts

Out of curiosity, when cards are sent out, is everyone getting a text message to let them know the card is on its way or are some getting the card through the door without ever receiving a text? Thanks.

I never got the text. The card came in a week.

Steven 80 posts

I never got the text. The card came in a week.

thanks

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.