Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Cathay Pacific Asia Miles redemption release date

• Zark 3 posts

Whereas BA releases Avios flights at 355 days before travel at 24.00/ 01.00, Cathay does not release on a daily rolling basis.
    Infact, the latest release for anywhere (including London-Hong Kong) was made on 16th October 2022 for dates up to 28th October 2023 which was at 348 days. No release has been made since for any class of travel.
    Does anybody know the historic pattern of how and when Cathay makes these releases?

BJ 657 posts

My understanding is that it is supposedly 360 days. However, my experience in practice pre-covid was that it was worth checking daily as they tended to cone and go frequently in a very random fashion. At the moment I have seen a lot of reward seats released on regional flights as they have started to ramp up their schedules. Always found them odd, they might release 4 business but no economy and vice versa. Also, once award seats were gone, it often appeared to me that they’d release another batch a week or two later. In summary, they’re very unpredictable and routine checking can pay off on both regional and long-haul.

peteryu 5 posts

Is there any web-site or app that monitor CX Avios availability ?

kai 77 posts
    SamG 1,644 posts

Cathay also love married segments, you might not find LHR-HKG but may find LHR-HKG-BKK on the same flight

Zark 3 posts

Further to my submission about Cathay Asia Miles redemption availability beyond 28th October 2023, it turns out that there is no release even of cash flights. Presumably this is the equivalent of a ‘winter’ schedule and Cathay have simply not yet released one at all for 2023 as of 16/10/22 or up to today, 20/12/22. Will monitor and report on release date, hopefully will catch that.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.