Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express The thread for discussing The Centurion Card from American Express

• moe8555 41 posts

I’ll start the obligatory UK & ICC Centurion card discussion, analysis, and data point thread.

Post away if you have one or want one! Share how you managed to secure the invitation (i.e. spending levels and categories, how long it took, interesting anecdotes or interactions with Amex employees regarding the card, etc.).

I don’t have one, but am hoping to eventually attain the ICC version!

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    sloth 315 posts

Genuine question…what benefits do you envisage using on the Centurion card that would justify the joining and annual fees? Not knocking you getting one, I’m genuinely curious?

Andrew J 769 posts

The general fabulousness of slapping down a Centurion card after lunch at The Wolseley is worth the annual fee alone.

sloth 315 posts

The general fabulousness of slapping down a Centurion card after lunch at The Wolseley is worth the annual fee alone.

Guessing it has less cache with Joan behind the counter in Greggs…

Super Secret Stuff 364 posts

Or with Tom at the local spoons…

stevenhp1987 330 posts

Given that Greggs don’t accept Amex…

davidl 30 posts

I.guess the benefit depends on how long you’ve had it.

I’ve never paid the initiation fee as I’m 20 years Centurion Member.

It’s does have good benefits. You do get to.speak to whoever you need to as well.

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    189 posts

If anyone’s interested we did do an overview of the UK Centurion card here.

moe8555 41 posts

Genuine question…what benefits do you envisage using on the Centurion card that would justify the joining and annual fees? Not knocking you getting one, I’m genuinely curious?

It’s a mix of the various statuses, supposedly better general service level, the events, and a dash of good, old ego 🙂

cats_are_best 99 posts

If you travel a lot, the upgrades/freebies can pretty much cover the annual fee, assuming the alternative would have been to pay for the equivalent, the Hilton Diamond benefit has worked very well in that respect.

Pandemic times have limited the opportunity to use travel benefits, but the various bungs and offers given have compensated to a fair extent.

Some of the ‘experiences’ are good, the recent Christmas party at Annabel’s was excellent.

I’d say the benefits have declined in the last few years, the current club access options are pretty boring, and losing Accor Platinum was a shame though I just use Hilton/Marriott/IHG more instead. More recently, dropping the protection scheme was just penny pinching, hard to understand that one.

The travel/health insurance is good, only needed it once, it went very well, far smoother than I’d expected.

In 20+ years only one customer service issue relating to a fraudulent transaction, once it was resolved they compensated me considerably even though I neither asked for nor expected it.

I find the concierge service really handy, also the travel service, especially things like mixed carrier itineraries, fiddly routings and getting early/late checkouts agreed by hotels in advance.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.