Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Do I get ‘change’ from a British Airways FTV if I rebook somewhere cheaper?

• MadeUpName 12 posts

Hi, does anyone know what happens if I use a BA FTV for less than the avios and cash on there? Does the “change” go into a new voucher or back into my exec club account / onto my credit card? Thanks

JohnTh 61 posts

We had this and booked short haul using long haul avios 241 voucher (in Sept). Promised a refund of balance however nothing happened.. BUT Had to change flights and finally they have been ticketed and confirmation email sent showing refund due. So “confidently” hoping for refund to finally be processed back to original card! So yes should get cash back but may have to wait a bit! Not sure if I could have put it towards a new booking in the meantime?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    tiriavpo 312 posts

Yes – just FTV’d a long haul 241 booking and re-booked a short haul instead. Got a load of avios and cash refunded within a few days.

MadeUpName 12 posts

Perfect, thanks. I’ll give that a go as no long haul expected for a while!

Benilyn 150 posts

When you book on phone ask for refund if they don’t offer it

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.