Forums › Hotel loyalty schemes › Marriott Bonvoy › Changes to Marriott Ambassador status
Changes to Marriott Ambassador status
I recently requalified for Marriott’s Ambassador status and received an email from them about some changes from next year.
– The good news (if you get assigned a good one).. Starting mid 2023, personal ambassadors will return.
– The bad news (dressed up as an enhancement – ‘more exclusivity’), they are increasing the qualification spend requirement by 15% to $23,000 (currently £19,350). So for us Brits this is a considerable increase considering the current weakness of the pound against the dollar.
Presuming you have the Amex Bonvoy card and thus start the year with 15 Elite Night Credits, you’d need to spend an average of $270.50 a night over 85 nights to qualify (£227.50).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Popular articles this week:
Creation offers to settle with HfP readers over forced IHG One Rewards credit card closures
Do you know you get a refund with British Airways and Virgin Atlantic if you cancel within 24 hours?
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Win 1 million Avios when you apply for a Barclaycard Avios credit card by 2nd April. Exclusive to HfP readers.
Latest Forum Posts
- Richard Peters on BA splitting transactions
- Lady London on BA splitting transactions
- Royback on Upgrade voucher – when does it appear in account?
- ma0nps on BA splitting transactions
- firstname.lastname@example.org on Adding positioning flight to companion redemption from Madrid
- john on A flight on my tier point year end date….
- Aston100 on Ngorongoro Crater Safari
- Lady London on A flight on my tier point year end date….
- JDB on New Argentina rate using UK based credit cards
- Lady London on Chat thread – Friday 24th March
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.