Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Changing Avios/Companion voucher booking

• tobyjake 2 posts

I have two first class returns (Avios/Companion voucher) to Los Angeles for late in February. I telephoned the BA service desk to see whether it was possible to change the return leg to a departure from Las Vegas (instead of LAX) in Club Class. I was told that seats were available but it would cost me a further 15000 Avios. Is there anyone out there who can explain why BA should charge more Avios for a downgrade from First to Club?? I am at a loss – as well as the BA Service Centre staff who also could not explain it?? Very confused.

JDB 4,341 posts

I have two first class returns (Avios/Companion voucher) to Los Angeles for late in February. I telephoned the BA service desk to see whether it was possible to change the return leg to a departure from Las Vegas (instead of LAX) in Club Class. I was told that seats were available but it would cost me a further 15000 Avios. Is there anyone out there who can explain why BA should charge more Avios for a downgrade from First to Club?? I am at a loss – as well as the BA Service Centre staff who also could not explain it?? Very confused.

It’s the new RFS pricing. In changing a booking presumably made before this change, the booking is repriced to the new system and mixed class bookings have been highlighted as a particular black spot.

ns 41 posts
    BJ 657 posts

Flights from LA to Vegas are dirt cheap so I suggest you just keep what you have a book a return. You might even find something to help with status if that’s important to you.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.