Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Friday 14th January

Chat thread – Friday 14th January

Topic closed
  • manilabay

Anybody know what the check in times are for Heathrow T3 with British Airways? Are they open all day? Looking to do a T3 Lounge Hop next week & BA.com is not particularly clear!

For Silver and above you can checkin any time on the day of departure from when checkin opens which I think is about 05:30.

Thank you!

Walty

There was a comment yesterday that the possibility of turning a 2-4-1 into a FTV for extending the expiry to Sept 2023 is now finished. Is anyone able to confirm this? Thanks

anuj

Does anyone know if money transfer transactions such as on moneygram are charged a cash advance free or excluded from gaining points on the Virgin Atlantic credit card?

Gary

Could someone provide a list of things to register before cancelling Amex Plat so to retain benefits for rest of the year? I am aware of Marriott & Hilton- is there a dedicated portal one uses or hotel program upgrade the membership once received your Amex Plat details? Anything else to register?

Andrew.

Does anyone know if money transfer transactions such as on moneygram are charged a cash advance free or excluded from gaining points on the Virgin Atlantic credit card?

The terms and conditions say they are treated as a cash advance.

How Clydesdale’s IT actually deals with it may not reflect the T&Cs.

truthbetold

BA apparently saying online that a voluntary cancellation no longer extends 241 vouchers to Sept 23…and they will expire on existing date

Tbh I thought the cut off date was 31/12 for that method anyway. I thought I read it on here but maybe not.

Rob, can you comment on this FTV detail?

(copied from yesterdays chat which I assume isn’t monitored now)

truthbetold

BA apparently saying online that a voluntary cancellation no longer extends 241 vouchers to Sept 23…and they will expire on existing date

Tbh I thought the cut off date was 31/12 for that method anyway. I thought I read it on here but maybe not.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    Rob
    HfP Staff

No, it’s news to me and I doubt accurate unless it is in the FTV Q&A.

Rob
    HfP Staff

Could someone provide a list of things to register before cancelling Amex Plat so to retain benefits for rest of the year? I am aware of Marriott & Hilton- is there a dedicated portal one uses or hotel program upgrade the membership once received your Amex Plat details? Anything else to register?

Here’s the dashboard – https://benefitsglobal.americanexpress.com/benefits/status?Face=en_GB

Rob
    HfP Staff

Caffe Nero redemptions back at Nectar – https://www.nectar.com/brands/caffe-nero

Rantallion

Thanks Andrew. I’ve been trying to phone them but can’t get through. It’s Heathrow’s own short term parking. But your experience is what worries me!

You may be able to amend the booking online.

Andrew.

“Merry Percymas” Percy Pigs reduced to 48p a bag, stacks of them in my local M&S

Thankfully I bought a bag, it’ll take away the Filthy taste of the Melon Fruit Crisps (reduced to 17p a bag).

elguiri

Booking BA Flight & Hotel, got BAPP and Platinum cards. Quick reminder which one is best to use for points and to make sure got travel insurance cover?

Andrew J

Booking BA Flight & Hotel, got BAPP and Platinum cards. Quick reminder which one is best to use for points and to make sure got travel insurance cover?

Book on your BAPP to get x3 Avios and your Plat insurance is still valid.

elguiri

Book on your BAPP to get x3 Avios and your Plat insurance is still valid.

Thanks ! Was in a rush to book a decent feb holiday and started to get worried I’d do it all wrong

Edit: finally no captcha on reply !!

• This reply was modified 4 days, 10 hours ago by elguiri.
  • The topic ‘Chat thread – Friday 14th January’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.