Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Friday 14th January

Chat thread – Friday 14th January

Topic closed
  • ryaneberry

Does anyone have any experience in getting into a lounge using someone else’s Priority Pass (father’s)? How strict are they with checking names?

redlilly

Does anyone have any experience of using the NHS Covid Recovery Certificate to travel to Portugal? I ordered the soft copy of my certificate from the app thinking it would include the recovery certificate, and it arrived in the post today, however it does not include the recovery certificate that you can see in the app. Just a bit dubious about presenting it to the TAP agent / Portuguese border force as a print out from the app, or on my phone!!

memesweeper

Does anyone have any experience in getting into a lounge using someone else’s Priority Pass (father’s)? How strict are they with checking names?

I don’t remember my boarding pass not being scanned, so it needs to be a close match on the name. It’s also fraud, or at least it is in England & Wales.

can

You may only have a chance if you both share the same name. They check the Pass against your boarding pass. They did it with me so far every single time. I mean they have one job: check whether people qualify to enter.

ryaneberry

You may only have a chance if you both share the same name. They check the Pass against your boarding pass. They did it with me so far every single time. I mean they have one job: check whether people qualify to enter.

Thanks, appreciate the 2 replies – worth a go I guess

ankomonkey

Does anyone have any experience of using the NHS Covid Recovery Certificate to travel to Portugal? I ordered the soft copy of my certificate from the app thinking it would include the recovery certificate, and it arrived in the post today, however it does not include the recovery certificate that you can see in the app. Just a bit dubious about presenting it to the TAP agent / Portuguese border force as a print out from the app, or on my phone!!

Yes. Did this at end of December and it was fine for UK flight check-in and upon arrival. I used the digital version on my phone.

FatherOfFour

Posted something about a Sainsburys Groceries offer via the BA eStore but twice, it failed to show in feed.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 3 hours ago by FatherOfFour. Reason: Previous posts failed, so started with "test"
    FatherOfFour

Posted about something via the BA Shopping Portal, but when using its alternate name, the forum deletes / blocks the post.

Anyway, 5 Avios per pound for a £40 or more Sains Click and Collect. Stacks nicely with Nectar plus offers of course. Better points ratios for NEW customers, though I don’t suppose there would be many who haven’t an account.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 3 hours ago by FatherOfFour.
    Rob
    HfP Staff

There was a comment yesterday that the possibility of turning a 2-4-1 into a FTV for extending the expiry to Sept 2023 is now finished. Is anyone able to confirm this? Thanks

No, can’t confirm.

SamG

I have a short term parking booking at LHR for 7 days. If I don’t arrive to park on the booked day and time (Sunday 2pm) but early the next morning instead (Monday 10am, so still within 24 hours of the booked start time), would that be OK and I’d not be charged again? It’d be in the same car as the one on the booking but we had to change the outbound to one a day later than our original flight. I don’t really want to cancel the parking booking and rebook as prices have gone up a lot since I originally booked it.

Any advice much appreciated.

I did this at Gatwick recently – it didn’t recognise my number plate so I buzzed for help and they let me in once I explained. Turned out I didn’t have my passport…. but had no problem getting them to let me out and back in again. Barrier opened to let me out when I got home automatically.

Obviously Heathrow is a different airport but I think you’d be fine personally, they must be used to people having all sorts of changes of plan these days.

SamG

Is it possible to book a flight on BA website where there are split cabins on one of the legs ie mad-lhr in economy and then the transatlantic segment in a higher cabin when booking a multi city flight (the return flight is from and to a different airport)? I cant seem to get the same flight to appear that I am able to get on google flights.

Alternatively, is is possible to use the booking link from google flights that opens the itinerary on ba site but to use the hold the flight for 3 days option that is usually presented when booking a standard return? I cant seem to get the option to appear, it just wants payment in full and I’d rather just hold the flight while I investigate other options.

You’ll need to call – but usually with BA if you’re flying Club World longhaul then there wouldn’t be any saving flying economy on the short haul (in fact it might be more expensive!)

I believe only simple fares that the website prices will offer the “hold” option – the call centre will want payment in full. you’d have 24hrs to call back and get a full cash refund

FatherOfFour

BA eStore has a Sainsburys grocery offer. Up to 15Avios per pound.
    15 for new customers,click and collect (doubtful of use to many)
    10/£ for new customers home delivery.
    5/£ for existing on click and collect.

All of the above applicable to £40 shops or more. Stacked with Nectar, not a bad return.

FatherOfFour

BA eStore have a deal on with Sainsburys Groceries:

New customers ordering Click and Collect with order value above £40 will earn 15 Avios / £1
    New customers ordering Home Delivery with order value above £40 will earn 10 Avios / £1
    Existing customers ordering Click and Collect with order value above £40 will earn 5 Avios / £1

Even the existing customers, click and collect stacked with Nectar (and “offers”) looks to be pretty good.

I still find eStore hit and miss, regardless of clearing caches/incognito etc.

FatherOfFour

BA eStore

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Friday 14th January’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.