Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Friday 24th June

Chat thread – Friday 24th June

Topic closed
  • Rob
    HfP Staff

This is today’s chat thread. We have moved the daily discussion from the main HfP news feed into the new forum. We hope you get used to it.

If you have specific questions about Avios, hotels or credit cards, please ask them in the appropriate forum and not here. This thread is a good place to post interesting deals you have spotted or your general thoughts on travel and all things miles and points. Thank you for contributing.

George K

Will be attending the BST festival for the first time ever today. With Amex being the main sponsor, I was trying to find any exclusive benefits for cardholders. 5% off concessions, a water bottle and access to a small mezzanine in their dedicated (non-show) area appear to be it. Any other tips will be gratefully received!

roger

Any feedback on when T4 Plaza Premium might reopen?
    As Amex Platinum card holder seems to be no other option at the moment.

NorthernLass

SeatSpy showing 2 CW to SYD for June 13th next year if anyone’s interested, plus 4 on the return, if the reader who posted a separate thread about this yesterday sees this! @yorkshireRich, did you go for it in the end?

Michael C

US domestic flight experts:
    I’m looking for an Orlando-NYC next April.
    No luck with Avios or even cash flights on BA (is
    this because the AA flights are run by Jet Blue?).

AA/Air Canada/Frontier are around triple the current
    price: any guesses as to whether this is because it’s so far
    ahead (& they might fall), or just because it’s around Easter?

Also, no flights appearing for Spirit in ’23 (although they
    do flight this route currently).

Any tips/experience warmly welcomed!

roger

Is there any plan for QR to move out of LGW completely and consolidated at LHR T4 now that it’s open?

njb

I have one ticket available for the HfP event as I cant get there for the new date – think its too late fir refund but not sure how to return it?

Erico1875

Flying CE redemption edi to T5 Saturday.
    Is Fast Track security included?

AJA

US domestic flight experts:
    I’m looking for an Orlando-NYC next April.
    No luck with Avios or even cash flights on BA (is
    this because the AA flights are run by Jet Blue?).

I believe so. You could try booking via Qatar Airways as they partner with Jet Blue or be the guinea pig and pay cash and try crediting to Qatar to see if its possible to earn Avios.

JDB

@Michael C for what it’s worth Spirit is trying to merge with Frontier, but Jet Blue is trying to intervene, so Spirit schedules may be subject to change…

Andrew.

Just been looking for a mate, who sounded horrified at the thought of going to the US.

If your kids are finishing school for 6 weeks at lunchtime today, and you’ve got the next 2 weeks booked off yourself. TUI have a flight & fortnight car hire deal to Orlando (MLB) for £444 per person (2 adults, 2 kids). Departs Glasgow tomorrow at 10:25. Probably too late if you don’t already have an ESTA.

The same deal is available for a solo traveller for £663

Alan Todd

Flying CE redemption edi to T5 Saturday.
    Is Fast Track security included?

Yes

shub

I’ve a BA Avios flight booked for this Monday booked before 8th June, I applied for the voucher but haven’t received any confirmation email. Is this normal? The screen confirmation just said to wait for 7 days. I just hope they won’t mark it as no show.
    Anything else I can do just to be sure?

SamG

Just been looking for a mate, who sounded horrified at the thought of going to the US.

If your kids are finishing school for 6 weeks at lunchtime today, and you’ve got the next 2 weeks booked off yourself. TUI have a flight & fortnight car hire deal to Orlando (MLB) for £444 per person (2 adults, 2 kids). Departs Glasgow tomorrow at 10:25. Probably too late if you don’t already have an ESTA.

The same deal is available for a solo traveller for £663

The problem is accomodation – prices are absolutely nuts in Florida. TUI have been selling flights for £199pp for a few weeks now but it’ll still work out an expensive holiday!

PJay

Does anyone know- if coming from Edinburgh on ba, connecting to American Airlines flight to Miami also in terminal 5, do I do security in Edinburgh, Heathrow, or both?

Amy C

I have one ticket available for the HfP event as I cant get there for the new date – think its too late fir refund but not sure how to return it?

I’d love it for other half if it’s still available? No idea how it would work though?

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Amy C.
    phillips0510

Hi all, I am looking to pay off a student loan in the UK, anyone tried using a curve card backed by Barclaycard for doing this (Like HMRC no credit cards accepted), or any better ideas for earning Avios on the transaction? (And Rob due you have a link where HFP get paid if I use it to sign up that way?)

kjt

Just browsing my latest mail drop from American Express UK Platinum
    It lists Hertz Gold Plus Presidents Circle as a benefit.
    When did this change ? Already completed two rentals this year and was unaware this was a benefit.

peckishpassport

When did this change ? Already completed two rentals this year and was unaware this was a benefit.

Under ‘Platinum Benefits > Car Rental’ on my online account, it still states Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star

elguiri

It’s been part of it for a while, it was on the benefit list about 9 months back when I took it out.

SamG

Does anyone know- if coming from Edinburgh on ba, connecting to American Airlines flight to Miami also in terminal 5, do I do security in Edinburgh, Heathrow, or both?

Only Edinburgh. AA flights operate from B gates so go directly to that lounge

AndyGWP

Email Rob / Rhys, they may be able to get it refunded / re-allocated to someone on the wait list 🙂

njb

I’d love it for other half if it’s still available? No idea how it would work though?

Can you help @Rob ?

Michael C

@Michael C for what it’s worth Spirit is trying to merge with Frontier, but Jet Blue is trying to intervene, so Spirit schedules may be subject to change…

Thanks @JDB and @AJA !

PeteM

Is there any plan for QR to move out of LGW completely and consolidated at LHR T4 now that it’s open?

Would be surprised if they did – they flew to LGW pre-pandemic and the flights were always busy.

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Friday 24th June’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.