Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Friday 7th January

Chat thread – Friday 7th January

Topic closed
  • Rob
    HfP Staff

This is today’s chat thread. We have moved the daily discussion from the main HfP news feed into the new forum. We hope you get used to it.

If you have specific questions about Avios, hotels or credit cards, please ask them in the appropriate forum and not here. This thread is a good place to post interesting deals you have spotted or your general thoughts on travel and all things miles and points. Thank you for contributing.

trader363

Hey Somchai – What date is your singapore flight booked for?

I’ve got mine booked with BA from LHR on 18th Jan but worried they’ll cancel it as the Economy cabin is only 30% full (and I’m presuming most ppl in Bus/First have booked with miles)

Shaw West

HI, I am travelling JFK-LHR-MAD. But my connection is after 24 hours in LHR and I see from the gov.uk website that I will need to fill in the PLF. I cant find the £1 tests anymore that will provide me with a code to fill in the PLF. Anyone have purchased a £1 test recently?. They are no more available on the gov uk website

ChrisC

I’ve got mine booked with BA from LHR on 18th Jan but worried they’ll cancel it as the Economy cabin is only 30% full (and I’m presuming most ppl in Bus/First have booked with miles)

Don’t ever look at a seat map to try and guess how busy a flights is.

Not everyone – even if they don’t have to pay – books a seat they minute they have booked a flight and given most people will have to pay they’ll wait until OLCI opens to get their seats for free,

• This reply was modified 52 years, 1 month ago by .
    Andrew J

Not everyone – even if they don’t have to pay – books a seat they minute they have booked a flight and given most people will have to pay they’ll wait until OLCI opens to get their seat for free,

And you’re also be very much mistaken if you think most of the premium cabin seats are offered as redemption tickets.

secretsquirrel

Just got through to BA but transferee to another line because of using AVIOS then line cut off?
    Can anyone please post the direct number for cancelling a BA AVIOS reward flight please.
    Thank you

SteveJ

Just got through to BA but transferee to another line because of using AVIOS then line cut off?
    Can anyone please post the direct number for cancelling a BA AVIOS reward flight please.
    Thank you

According to this:
    https://www.britishairways.com/travel/contact-executive-club/public/en_gb

The number you want is 0344-493-0747

gordog01

60,000 Avios today from NHS Avios prize draw. Boom!! Thank you HFP

supergraeme

I also won – woo hoo! And yes – thank you HfP.

To know that we have the full admiration and gratitude of everyone on here AND a 60k Avios windfall is pretty lovely 😉

YC

I read here before that airtime rewards can be cashed to ur bank acc/card. Any idea how to do this? Can’t seem to find it on the app

Carlos

I also won – woo hoo! And yes – thank you HfP.

To know that we have the full admiration and gratitude of everyone on here AND a 60k Avios windfall is pretty lovely 😉

How many winners were there in total?

supergraeme

Carlos – up to 3000 winning a minimum of 60k Avios each. Could be more than 60k if fewer than 3000 than entered, but I’d be very surprised if that was the case.

SamG

Not everyone – even if they don’t have to pay – books a seat they minute they have booked a flight and given most people will have to pay they’ll wait until OLCI opens to get their seats for free,

Apart from when UK had a pretty much total ban on entry Singapore has operated throughout the pandemic at the current reduced frequency, it carries a lot of cargo. So very unlikely to be cancelled

ChrisC
    Dave76

I read here before that airtime rewards can be cashed to ur bank acc/card. Any idea how to do this? Can’t seem to find it on the app

It seems to depend on which network you are on. It’s always been sent back to my phone bill until recently when I changed to Virgin mobile. Only option then is to a registered bank card. Interestingly not all cards work! Hope that helps.

Dave76

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Friday 7th January’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.