Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Monday 10th January

Chat thread – Monday 10th January

Topic closed
  • Rob
    HfP Staff

This is today’s chat thread. We have moved the daily discussion from the main HfP news feed into the new forum. We hope you get used to it.

If you have specific questions about Avios, hotels or credit cards, please ask them in the appropriate forum and not here. This thread is a good place to post interesting deals you have spotted or your general thoughts on travel and all things miles and points. Thank you for contributing.

Economist_Nearby

Isn’t it time to close the daily chat thread, so that people can post on the forums in the relevant place, and other people can follow the discussion?

Andrew J

Isn’t it time to close the daily chat thread, so that people can post on the forums in the relevant place, and other people can follow the discussion?

I think it’s time to return the daily chat to its old user friendly, easy to follow format and scrap the clunky forum with its hard to follow pages of quoted text and a captcha every time you write anything.

ChrisC

People aren’t always posting in the appropriate places though nor are they looking to see if there are existing threads for their issue that they could rerad to see if it answers their question or to tag onto it.

Perhaps Rob / Rhys need to look at what’s been posted in the chat thread and then (assuming word press software allows it) move those posts to either an existing thread or creates new ones (along with some tidying up of quotes) where the question / issue merits.

The biggest bug bear at the moment is that replies to a post aren’t threaded so you have to quote and reply and then some quotes the quote meaning there is a lot of duplication and makes it hard to follow the discussion at times.

AET

Platinum Lifestyle Credit w/ Harvey Nichols offer appeared on my Amex Plat. 100% off 50 spend at the store every 6 months (twice a year). Was hoping for a more inspiring offer TBH.

ChrisC

Platinum Lifestyle Credit w/ Harvey Nichols offer appeared on my Amex Plat. 100% off 50 spend at the store every 6 months (twice a year). Was hoping for a more inspiring offer TBH.

Already discussed here https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/harvey-nichols-100-cashback/

Tracey

If there wasn’t a chat thread, people wouldn’t bother to start a thread just for a random comment. Eg there seems to now be much more availability of LFT packs for home delivery.

Lottie

I think it’s time to return the daily chat to its old user friendly, easy to follow format and scrap the clunky forum with its hard to follow pages of quoted text and a captcha every time you write anything.

Yes Agree, I need to take a book on my commute now whereas I used to spend all of my journey reading HFP.

To dare is to do

I’ve tried to get on with it but just don’t like new format. I miss all the little gems of info you picked up on posts you didn’t know anything about but might be useful one day or indeed info on posts you do know something about but something had changed.

Reney

I’ve tried to get on with it but just don’t like new format. I miss all the little gems of info you picked up on posts you didn’t know anything about but might be useful one day or indeed info on posts you do know something about but something had changed.

+1. Also, I find I was more likely to get a response on the old chat thread than in the new format. I guess because most people don’t click into every thread. I certainly find I respond a lot less than previously.

mycity

I agree I don’t like the new format, I think we have lost something with the new format.

Aston100

I guess because most people don’t click into every thread. I certainly find I respond a lot less than previously.

Have you tried pressing the ‘recent topics’ button?

• This reply was modified 52 years, 1 month ago by .
    Aston100

I don’t think there is anything preventing people from using the daily chat thread for miscellaneous ‘quick stuff’ which doesn’t need a dedicated thread all of its own.

I feel there is a need for both the chat thread and forums simultaneously.
    May just take time for us to adjust.

It would help if some missing features are implemented into the forums though, particularly notification of replies.

chrishond

Need to buy discounted ikea gift cards. Are they sold at any of the supermarkets? Asda, Morrisons etc?

Andrew J

And don’t even get my started on the Captcha – you make the effort to reply to something and then the captcha comes up and your response is lost. Ridiculous.

To dare is to do

+1. Also, I find I was more likely to get a response on the old chat thread than in the new format. I guess because most people don’t click into every thread. I certainly find I respond a lot less than previously.

I click into daily chat BA Hilton Amex and destinations. I’m not clicking on any more that’s enough.

It’s lost it’s “ hfp collective/family” feeling. Where people seemed only to happy to help but all the other clicking of buses or whatever is just to post a reply is annoying.

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Monday 10th January’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.