Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat thread Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Monday 12th February

• AJA 1,028 posts

Thanks to everyone who replied re the best lounge at SIN. I think I will give Qatar and BA a try. Looking forward to the trip as it will be my first time in Singapore. Have combined it with flights to Koh Samui for a beach break.

I have another query. I am flying up to NCL in the morning of the outbound LHR-SIN flight as I was only able to get tickets using the 2-4-1 if I started in NCL.

I don’t really want to check it in for the flight to NCL as I’d have to collect it to then re-check it in for the NCL-LHR-SIN flight later in the day. That also increases the opportunities for lost luggage.

So when I check in at LHR for my flight up to NCL can I just check my luggage for the flight to SIN at LHR?

AL 589 posts

Thanks to everyone who replied re the best lounge at SIN. I think I will give Qatar and BA a try. Looking forward to the trip as it will be my first time in Singapore. Have combined it with flights to Koh Samui for a beach break.

I have another query. I am flying up to NCL in the morning of the outbound LHR-SIN flight as I was only able to get tickets using the 2-4-1 if I started in NCL.

I don’t really want to check it in for the flight to NCL as I’d have to collect it to then re-check it in for the NCL-LHR-SIN flight later in the day. That also increases the opportunities for lost luggage.

So when I check in at LHR for my flight up to NCL can I just check my luggage for the flight to SIN at LHR?

Officially, you can check in from three hours before. If you have BA status (Gold for certain, maybe with Silver) or if the Early Bag Store at LHR is not full (you’ll have no idea, but if it’s not peak travel dates, you should be fine), you can check in from 0500 on the day of travel. Fly might well do you a favour if you offer to check them in for NCL – it might well then link things together magically. You have more chance of that happening given you’re transiting via LHR, but Fly works in wonderful ways at times, so don’t bank on it.

AL 589 posts

If anyone is looking for late booking Sydney to UK I was just looking at availability and there are 8 business seats on 14 Feb. Lots of avios but good value with companion voucher – 145000 Avios + £ 657.52 for 2 to drink BA fizz on Valentine’s Day!

That’s actually not a bad deal.

AJA 1,028 posts

Officially, you can check in from three hours before. If you have BA status (Gold for certain, maybe with Silver) or if the Early Bag Store at LHR is not full (you’ll have no idea, but if it’s not peak travel dates, you should be fine), you can check in from 0500 on the day of travel. Fly might well do you a favour if you offer to check them in for NCL – it might well then link things together magically. You have more chance of that happening given you’re transiting via LHR, but Fly works in wonderful ways at times, so don’t bank on it.

Thanks @AL. Flying in just under a month’s time so mid-March. I currently have lowly Bronze status so not base blue but that might not make a difference. We are flying CE to NCL and then CE from NCL back to LHR and then CW LHR-SIN. I have heard you can use the self-service bag drop machines but not sure whether that works given the PNR shows me starting in NCL. The flight up to NCL is a separate PNR. I will ask at check-in – they can only say no.

FH2 78 posts

Does anyone know if it is possible to use SATs Premier Check In to check in early if you are travelling in CW on BA? I know BA is not part of the Jewel early check-in programme. BA website does not say anything about being able to check in earlier than 3 hours before departure so I suspect early check in is not possible but thought I would check with folk on here!

I believe it is possible as I saw a YouTube review recently who did use this. I think the Sats check in opens at 3 if I recall correctly. Shame BA have not rejoined the Jewel check in as they were pre Covid

Thanks @LittleNick. I contacted BA and they told me that BA is not part of the Sats early check in unfortunately.

LittleNick 108 posts

Does anyone know if it is possible to use SATs Premier Check In to check in early if you are travelling in CW on BA? I know BA is not part of the Jewel early check-in programme. BA website does not say anything about being able to check in earlier than 3 hours before departure so I suspect early check in is not possible but thought I would check with folk on here!

I believe it is possible as I saw a YouTube review recently who did use this. I think the Sats check in opens at 3 if I recall correctly. Shame BA have not rejoined the Jewel check in as they were pre Covid

Thanks @LittleNick. I contacted BA and they told me that BA is not part of the Sats early check in unfortunately.

I suspect the BA agent you spoke too will not have been Singapore based and has no idea what they’re talking about, unfortunately a lot don’t know the intricate details

FH2 78 posts

I suspect the BA agent you spoke too will not have been Singapore based and has no idea what they’re talking about, unfortunately a lot don’t know the intricate details

Good point. I will call the Singapore call centre and see if they know more!

SamG 1,639 posts

@FH2 You can definitely check in from around 4pm as check in for Sydney opens then

@AL
    you won’t have a problem checking in a bag at LHR for SIN in the morning

AJA 1,028 posts

@SamG it was me who asked the question about checking in bags for LHR-SIN. but thanks for answering and for confirming it’s possible.

FH2 78 posts

@FH2 You can definitely check in from around 4pm as check in for Sydney opens then

@AL
    you won’t have a problem checking in a bag at LHR for SIN in the morning

Thanks @SamG that is good to know. I called BA Singapore call centre and the agent had no clue if early check in would be possible!

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Monday 12th February’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.