Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Monday 20th December

Chat thread – Monday 20th December

Topic closed
  • xenole

those who had planned to travel during Christmas, are you folks still going ahead with the plans or have people been cancelling? We’re scheduled to fly out to LA on wednesday, and having second thoughts reading all the omicron news.

I’ve a couple of flights on Xmas eve, but probably won’t bother.
    They’re not essential, and I’ll take the hit on the 85-100TP.
    I can see things becoming a bit more awkward soon, and don’t really want to fly into Europe and end up getting stuck or hit by a new set of rules to get back into the UK for example.

jj

Good Morning

First post of the new forum!

My wife and I are taking our 2yr old and 4yr old to Florida in April and need some advice!

We are planning to stay near LHR T5 the day before and wanted to get some recommendations for the best family rooms. I would also really appreciate some guidance in booking the best Hotel/Parking package, interconnected rooms (if necessary), etc?

Thank you in advance. Tom

mr_jetlag replied to you last night with this suggestion:

Sofitel for convenience, they have adjoining twin rooms.

Sofitel is by far the best option if you can afford it, especially with young kids in tow. Everything is in walking distance with no need to faff with bus transfers in either direction – a huge stress relief when you have grouchy, exhausted kids on the inbound flight.

roz

Hi guys, first time on the forum.
    Anyone have experience on whether the Selfridges offer on AMEX is cumulative or in one transaction only? Thank you!

• This reply was modified 52 years, 5 months ago by .
    Richie

those who had planned to travel during Christmas, are you folks still going ahead with the plans or have people been cancelling? We’re scheduled to fly out to LA on wednesday, and having second thoughts reading all the omicron news.

You need to do your own risk assessment and look at what insurance is available and if self-insuring is possible.

TJ

Due to fly to Barbados on Thursday. On the fence at the moment about whether to cancel. Might fall off the fence and cancel if they re-introduce mandatory testing on arrival.

Lady London

@bgs you changed class IIRC. That makes it a change fee £35 due.

When they say you get a free change after they cancelled a flight or significantly rescheduled it, that means you get a free change of date/time not class.

It’s just possible if you get through to someone they might do it all but it’s unlikely. I agree with you though, if relevant it’s always worth mentioning the impossibility of getting through to BA by phone.

bgs

@bgs you changed class IIRC. That makes it a change fee £35 due.

When they say you get a free change after they cancelled a flight or significantly rescheduled it, that means you get a free change of date/time not class.

It’s just possible if you get through to someone they might do it all but it’s unlikely. I agree with you though, if relevant it’s always worth mentioning the impossibility of getting through to BA by phone.

Normally yes but with the “book with confidence” policy during covid presumably I can change for free (or cancel and use my voucher as part payment for a new booking).

Tracey

Due to fly to Barbados on Thursday. On the fence at the moment about whether to cancel. Might fall off the fence and cancel if they re-introduce mandatory testing on arrival.

Unless they’ve changed the rules I’d cancel. Friends went to Barbados in the summer and ended up isolating in their hotel room because someone on their flight had tested positive

LST

We were due to fly out to LA this week, family of two adults and two kids, both under 10. We decided to cancel last week, too risky for us!

memesweeper

those who had planned to travel during Christmas, are you folks still going ahead with the plans or have people been cancelling?

We’re leaving Thursday for the Caribbean I hope. Player 2 is moaning a *lot* but I think we’ll end up on the plane in the end.

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Monday 20th December’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.