Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Monday 4th July

Chat thread – Monday 4th July

Topic closed
  • yorkieflyer

Data point, rang Virgin when they opened at 0700 and straight through to change our CPT booking to take advantage of the additional reward availability

And…reticketed within the hour! Looking at you BA

SteveJ

Ah thanks SteveJ. I have two bookings – two 2-4-1 bookings. My husband and daughter on one booking. Myself and my other daughter on the other booking.
    So I created another trip using their PNR, for my husband and I’ve managed to scan their QR code on my Verifly app but my husbands photo has my face on it! ( he’s at work until tonight ). Do you think that will be okay? 🤦🏻‍♀️Thanks again.

Ha! Depends how much verification they do. I’ve had docs verify so quickly I’ve doubted of they’ve checked, but they probably should so they’ll spot the face mismatch to the passport!

SteveJ

Hi, any ideas for the best way to utilise credit card spend on big house renovations like extensions whereby the building company are requesting transfer by BACs and no facility for card payment?? Or is there no such thing and I am being very naive here, ha? Thanks in advance

I spoke to my builder, who I trust a great deal I hasten to add, and we arranged a supplementary card in his name for materials, on my Virgin card. End of the month we trued up what he’d spent and deducted from the next staged payment.

Wise and Billhop are options, but with significant fees, so I imagine only do this if you are a few pounds short of a bonus you would otherwise miss out on.

You could offer to pay his supplier account with your creditcard for a deduction in the bill.

Definitely this. I’ve done it this way many times, they place the order for the supplies at the local builders merchants, I give them a call and pay by card. Keep a track and deduct the amounts paid from the total price of the job, leaving only labour to pay via Bacs

elguiri

Have just received a second cancellation from BA for a flight I booked with Avios points, from Frankfurt to LHR on 23rd July. The first time, I was able to rebook online and chose the suggested alternative flight earlier in the day. Now the alternative flight has also been cancelled, but this time I haven’t been given any option other than to completely cancel my booking. If I want to re-book, or even get a refund, apparently I have to call BA. Obviously, I want to avoid doing this! BA have even disabled the ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ and ‘Why can’t I re-book online’ links on the ‘Manage My Booking’ page. Is this legal?

It’ll be better for you to call, especially as you have a little while before the flight. Try different times of day, until you get through. It took me 3 goes of about 20mins each, but then spoke with someone, said I wanted the Lufthansa flight that was near enough the same date/time as original booking, and after a quick check with manager it was done. Lufty do have very regular flights from FRA to LHR, nearly every hour during peak part of the day. But do check which flight numbers would be the ones you want, as that saves a lot of time in the rebooking process.

mrhbeats

We had a cancellation today as well – LHR to EDI – same issues in terms of needing to phone to rebook. I called them and did take about 3-4 attempts to even get in the queue – but waited about 40 mins and then spoke to someone who sorted it in 5 mins. Lots of problems at BA but once through to contact centre staff they are always excellent.

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Monday 4th July’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.