Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Saturday 18th December

Chat thread – Saturday 18th December

Topic closed
  • Rob
    HfP Staff

Please do not post here until Saturday 🙂 Hopefully we will get this automated before Christmas, but we have higher priorities for Neil’s IT time at the moment.

This is today’s chat thread. We have moved the daily discussion from the main HfP news feed into the new forum. We hope you get used to it.

If you have specific questions about Avios, hotels or credit cards, please ask them in the appropriate forum and not here. This thread is a good place to post interesting deals you have spotted or your general thoughts on travel and all things miles and points. Thank you for contributing.

Andrew J

Anyone got their first Pret reward yet? Wondering what the freebies actually are. I noticed that they now have their Nespresso capsules, granola and relishes which launched in supermarkets a few months ago in store now, so would give you a star if you picked up a pack with your free (at point of need) coffee.

Vit

Hello all, Looking at transferwise currently for fx transfer amount more than $50k internationally. Anyone using transferwise before? or can recommend any other platforms?

Cheers,
    Vit

therooster

Hello from the Intercontinental Maldives. We are here for 10 nights on points for our honeymoon. Let me know if anyone has any questions!

Eoc

I have used Wise on many occasions and always smooth and slick. Stay away from the weekend if you can as fx rate spreads a bit , understandably

TPGreen1

Any reason not to book on SWISS via ZRH atm?(looking at 31/12-12/01) My understanding only additional paperwork is a Swiss PLF. obvs there’s a risk of Swiss govt putting restrictions in but seems unlikely now.

Going to JNB to see family/sort some admin for South African GF.

Naturally my first choice is BA but they shot up on Tuesday from circa £700 return in Y to circa £1500 in Y. Swiss and Lufty are £500 return with reasonable flight times.

tazzy

Has anyone successfully obtained vouchers over the phone to utilise the platinum dining offer?

BuildBackBetter

Hello all, Looking at transferwise currently for fx transfer amount more than $50k internationally. Anyone using transferwise before? or can recommend any other platforms?

Cheers,
    Vit

Look at the other article posted by Rob.
    Excluding such promotions, Wise has been the best in terms for price and customer service.

BuildBackBetter

Hello from the Intercontinental Maldives. We are here for 10 nights on points for our honeymoon. Let me know if anyone has any questions!

A short review with tips on booking and managing costs on f&b please. Preferably in the IHG forum.

Vit

Cheers,
    Vit

Look at the other article posted by Rob.
    Excluding such promotions, Wise has been the best in terms for price and customer service.

Thanks BBB. I am still trying to get my head around how to top up Wise account. I guess it is to be done by either going to local branch and transfer the fund in USD — as such no (poor) FX rate is applied from the local Cambodian bank here (i.e. USD from local bank account to USD wise account).

SteveJ

Nice Xmas card from Amex this morning, should bloody well hope so, putting the £575 annual fee for the Platinum to use!

Comrade Chag

10 days?! Sounds like prison to me.

• This reply was modified 52 years, 1 month ago by .
    Aston100

Terminal five heaving this morning.

TGLoyalty

Nice Xmas card from Amex this morning, should bloody well hope so, putting the £575 annual fee for the Platinum to use!

My thoughts exactly … I was hoping for a new money back offer or some free points or something 😝

Greg

Last week the Chairman and CEO of BA, Sean Doyle, wrote to the PM requesting “All emergency testing for fully vaccinated passengers should be removed”. I am not sure he understands yet, how fully vaccinated individuals carry and transmit the virus, but I have a counter proposal.

Given that airports around the world, including T5 at Heathrow, offer a PCR test with results in 3 hours, is it realistic to ask passengers to turn up 4 hours early to have such a test before boarding ?

This will involve considerable logistical effort, and costs and timings will improve, but would you be willing to add up to £100 to the cost of your ticket, KNOWING that every person on the plane is COVID free ? Is this an answer to putting bums back on seats ?

JDB

Terminal five heaving this morning.

I believe today is expected to be LHR’s busiest day since the start of the pandemic. T5 less busy than T2.

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Saturday 18th December’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.