Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Saturday 1st January

Chat thread – Saturday 1st January

Topic closed
  • Rob
    HfP Staff

This is today’s chat thread. We have moved the daily discussion from the main HfP news feed into the new forum. We hope you get used to it.

If you have specific questions about Avios, hotels or credit cards, please ask them in the appropriate forum and not here. This thread is a good place to post interesting deals you have spotted or your general thoughts on travel and all things miles and points. Thank you for contributing.

can

Happy new year!

Lady London

Darn, you beat me! Happy New Year!
    (I cheated. I’m in a different time zone.)

Mikeact

And a very Happy New Year to one and all..

Tracey

Happy New Year!

Colin MacKinnon

Happy New Year from Los Cabos. Mexico.

In – sort of – happy isolation due to a positive covid test!

meta

Happy new year from London! Came back last night from an extended stay in UAE.

hugo r

Hi I applied for a gold status match with VS in dec (I have BA Gold) , this was approved and accepted however my vs membership hasn’t been updated and I’m flying in 12 days time

ayearinmx

I made payments with my BAPP to trigger the 241 ticket before the Dec 30th cut-off. My payments are showing as December 29th in the AMEX app, however I only got confirmation on December 31st, and as such, my 241 runs out Jan 1st 2024 (24 months) and not 30 months.

Any advice to try and change this, or did i trigger it too late?

NorthernLass

Happy New Year all 🍾🎆🎉
    May all your travel plans come to fruition this year!
    Just returned from a few days in Edinburgh and Durham – got a fantastic 3 for 2 deal from Emyr earlier this year and we were treated extremely well in terms of upgrades and cocktail vouchers! The Castle of Light show was very nice indeed. Now hoping our Spain trip comes off at Feb half term with our £40 flights from the easyJet “giveaway” last year.

NorthernLass

I made payments with my BAPP to trigger the 241 ticket before the Dec 30th cut-off. My payments are showing as December 29th in the AMEX app, however I only got confirmation on December 31st, and as such, my 241 runs out Jan 1st 2024 (24 months) and not 30 months.

Surely the cut off was December 31st? I wouldn’t have thought the 241 would have appeared in your BA account yet.

Navara

Happy New Year..May the points be prolific and travel easier 🛫

Navara

Changes to PCR for Dubai?

Effective 2nd January 2022, all passengers travelling from the UK to Dubai must hold a negative COVID 19 PCR test certificate for a test taken no more than 48 hours before departure and the certificate must be for a Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT PCR) test. Note that NHS COVID 19 test certificates are not accepted for travel from the United Kingdom.

AJA

Happy New Year to everyone. Hopefully 2022 is when I get to return to the skies. Happy travels everyone.

meta

You left it too late. It can take a few days for voucher to trigger. By all means try and contact Amex, but I wouldn’t hold my hopes up.

Mick S

Happy New Year everyone.

QQ – I have an expiring US ESTA which is valid on departure but expires during my trip. Everything I’m reading says this shouldnt be a problem but I’m just seeking some reassurance from the good folk on here.

I’m actually considering just applying again, to avoid any issues. But I’m not sure if this is possible as a current ESTA exists on my passport number.

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Saturday 1st January’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.