Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Sunday 15th May

Chat thread – Sunday 15th May

• Rob
    HfP Staff

This is today’s chat thread. We have moved the daily discussion from the main HfP news feed into the new forum. We hope you get used to it.

If you have specific questions about Avios, hotels or credit cards, please ask them in the appropriate forum and not here. This thread is a good place to post interesting deals you have spotted or your general thoughts on travel and all things miles and points. Thank you for contributing.

Spaghetti Town

I’m seeing a lot of conflicting information about covid restrictions driving/bus/train across the border from Portugal to Spain, does anyone know what’s required?

tw33ty

Going to be in AMS for a few hours between flights, anyone got a good lounge they would recommend?

dundj

Going to be in AMS for a few hours between flights, anyone got a good lounge they would recommend?

All depends on who you are flying with and whether it is Schengen or non-Schengen, plus if you are in business or have status within an alliance. So, where are you flying to, which airline and are you in business or economy?

NorthernLass

Do we think BA will ever restore the online cancellation function for avios bookings beyond Sep or has it completely fallen off their radar?

SpaceX

Has anyone ever booked Amex Advantage seats at the o2 Greenwich for a concert/event? If so, are they worth the premium? Also, are the seats accessible from both ends of each row, i.e. not cornered if seated at end of row?

Thanks in advance.

BenM

Hi Rob. I read in one of your barclaycard articles you said you would cover the world elite benefits it gives in a future article. Have I missed this or is it still to come?

Cheers!

matt22

Any idea what BA’s policy is for status holders when it has an agreement with a 3rd party lounge, but the lounge is shut? I am thinking specifically about Rhodes, where the lounge BA uses shuts at 8pm and the flight leaves at 11.30pm. Should BA provide vouchers in this case?

NorthernLass

Any idea what BA’s policy is for status holders when it has an agreement with a 3rd party lounge, but the lounge is shut? I am thinking specifically about Rhodes, where the lounge BA uses shuts at 8pm and the flight leaves at 11.30pm. Should BA provide vouchers in this case?

I think it’s just been “tough” of late!

Michael C

;o)))

Funchal was no lounge, no fast-track and no preferential check-in!
    That’s C. Ronaldo for you…

Richie

The worst is Santorini with all those Golds looking for the lounge.

Tracey

;o)))

Funchal was no lounge, no fast-track and no preferential check-in!
    That’s C. Ronaldo for you…

Still? Summer 2021 and the lounges were closed due to covid, can’t believe they are still using that excuse.
    BA did have a business class check in for golds etc.

redlilly

I’m seeing a lot of conflicting information about covid restrictions driving/bus/train across the border from Portugal to Spain, does anyone know what’s required?

Just need evidence of being vaccinated,on your person. No one is checking really, border very fluid.

Information contained within this link:

https://imigrante.sef.pt/en/covid-19/faqs/#1621260456638-8876f963-fd47

Link is also referenced on the UK Foreign Office website.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.