Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Sunday 26th December

Chat thread – Sunday 26th December

Topic closed
  • Lyn

Bit of a long shot but I guess there’s some on here exploring getting down to Sydney, whenever.
    I’ve just had my son on the phone from downunder and for personal reasons I need to explore getting down there ASAP.
    Ideally to turn left but if it has to be right, then so be it.
    I’m fortunate to be Avios rich, but accept may well have to be cash.
    Latest news/options from anybody…thanks

Assuming access to Australia is not a problem, the Qantas web-site shows QF2 currently flying from LHR to SYD with 1 stop (presumably in Darwin) and seats for . I think Qantas have also reopened their lounge in T3, Award seats might be hard to get and cash tickets rather expensive, but your situation sounds urgent.

Of course I don’t know the nature of the emergency, but it could be worth asking Qantas if they have any special fares for your personal situation. They have been very helpful to me more than once in the past with urgent situations, such as when close family members were ill. For instance offering compassionate fares and a certain amount of flexibility when it was very, very much needed. They have earned my loyalty for this reason more than any other.

Good luck with finding suitable flights!

Mikeact

Thanks for your comprehensive reply to Michael.
    I know that you have had to repeat yourself many, many times over the last few months and hopefully Rhys will move it as you’ve suggested. Happy New Year.

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Sunday 26th December’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.