Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Sunday 2nd January

Chat thread – Sunday 2nd January

Topic closed
  • Rob
    HfP Staff

This is today’s chat thread. We have moved the daily discussion from the main HfP news feed into the new forum. We hope you get used to it.

If you have specific questions about Avios, hotels or credit cards, please ask them in the appropriate forum and not here. This thread is a good place to post interesting deals you have spotted or your general thoughts on travel and all things miles and points. Thank you for contributing.

Carlos

Question: Has the Amazon Visa Credit offer finished? I have added my visa debit and removed all other cards, still not seeing any offer on my home page

Reney

Question: Has the Amazon Visa Credit offer finished? I have added my visa debit and removed all other cards, still not seeing any offer on my home page

Not sure if the offer has finished but you needed to leave a visa CREDIT card not DEBIT card on your account. As it is the former that Amazon will stop accepting not the latter.

One family member tried the trick and I don’t think it worked for them, so YMMV.

Brighton Belle

Didn’t work for me. Too many gift cards loaded to Amazon from the Morrisons 10% offer

Doc

BA app still not working in my Android device. Anyone else still having problems? Desktop version of BA.com works fine.

hugo r

Are drive thru lateral flow tests accepted for travel to the USA ? If so who is better collision or Express test , both are the same cost

doug

Is it acceptable by ba / gov UK a private doctor letter as a antigen test result for flying back?

Carlos

Didn’t work for me. Too many gift cards loaded to Amazon from the Morrisons 10% offer

ah that must be the reason.

Not sure if the offer has finished but you needed to leave a visa CREDIT card not DEBIT card on your account. As it is the former that Amazon will stop accepting not the latter.

One family member tried the trick and I don’t think it worked for them, so YMMV.

Tried adding a credit didnt work

rams

That didn’t make a difference for me

Mikeact

BA app still not working in my Android device. Anyone else still having problems? Desktop version of BA.com works fine.

No problem on my two devices…I’d uninstall and download again.

Carlos

not sure why it doesnt work though.. do i need to make a Test purchase?

Reeferman

I had this problem – it was my (auto-enabled) VPN that was blocking it. The app worked fine once I disabled the VPN

• This reply was modified 52 years, 1 month ago by .
    Peter K

It worked on 2 of my accounts, but not any others. No idea why.

Reney

I have a couple of hundreds in gift cards and it worked for me.

Rui N.

No difference for me as well. I don’t think I’ve used a single CC to pay for an Amazon order last year, it was all gift cards. I got the offer nonetheless.

• This reply was modified 52 years, 1 month ago by .
    therooster

Does anyone know the cheapest place in Zurich for an antigen test to come back to the UK?

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Sunday 2nd January’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.