Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Sunday 3rd July

Chat thread – Sunday 3rd July

Topic closed
  • Carlos

is it possible to add the OH onto my curve card? still have the same last name
    waiting for my supplementary card to arrive had me thinking..

There is no validation of the card holder name when you add a card. Use your own name and get on with life 😉

Took the punt and it didnt work, couldnt be verified
    Also the on screen instructions said it must be your name (didnt go through this stage before asking)

Reney

There is no validation of the card holder name when you add a card. Use your own name and get on with life 😉

Also the on screen instructions said it must be your name (didnt go through this stage before asking)

Is there a reason you need to add to curve and not apple wallet directly?

SamG

Hi, I have a BA flight to Athens from LGW,
    in a few weeks, BA is not selling tickets for that flight anymore, how likely it is that the flight will get cancelled?
    If that happens and all the other BA flights are fully booked, is it reasonable for me to request a seat with other airline?
    Thanks

If it’s the 22nd then the flight actually looks full by my guess. Likely you’ll find a seat on BA out of LHR otherwise you can request another airline but BA will not reroute in advance on Aegean and cannot reroute onto Easyjet/Ryanair/Wizzair (it’d be Lufthansa/Swiss likely).

If you wanted a different airline you’d need to call BA, ask them for the reroute and have them note their refusual. Then DO NOT refund the ticket and buy your own and claim it from them as rerouting expenses.

SamG

@LL @Pid I’ve tried to reply 3 times but it’s not working – hopefully this works

If it’s 1 booking ref then it should be fine – BA interline to NZ and BA tickets can be issued to WLG with NZ legs. Check if you’ve got 1 ticket number 125- or if they’ve put 2 x tickets in the same reservation. Then I’d be a little more cautious. 125- all the way will be fine

braiden9

@Pid – if you are worried, why not apply for an Australian E visa. Assuming you have a UK passport it is free and only takes a few minutes. You have a backup plan then.

Turner22

Has the IHG 3-4-2 offer been extended, does anyone know?

MarkSX

Are the baggage delays at Heathrow isolated to certain terminals / airlines? Flying in to T4 on Etihad.

SamG

Are the baggage delays at Heathrow isolated to certain terminals / airlines? Flying in to T4 on Etihad.

T4 should be a dream – very few flights back there at the moment

John

Traveling on BA to Sydney and then on a connecting flight to Wellington on Air New Zealand. It is on the same ticket and PNR. Can anyone confirm if our luggage will be through checked and if the higher luggage for being silver will be granted on both airlines. BA Webite suggests it will under the Most Significant Carrier rules. However, when contacted BA to check via email they have only said it may be checked through and we will have to wait until check in. Not helpful becacuse if it is not through chscked we will need an Australian visa and have to complete their arrival information.

Visa is free for British and EU citizens and takes about 2 minutes, it’s the same as a US ESTA but no payment (and has been like this for much longer than the US even had ESTA).

No more additional forms to enter Australia (basically vaccination proof) as of today – which means unvaccinated tourists are now welcome again

SteveJ

You used your name (the one linked to the Curve) and the card holders name and address? Always worked fine for me.

Rui N.

You can add other people’s card fine using your name, but they eventually find out that the card is not on your name and ask you to remove it from your account. But that usually takes several months…

Wallaj4

Flew into T4 last Thursday on Qatar. There were two other flights at arrivals hall . Eithad and China. There were not enough baggage handlers to do more than one flight at a time . Baggage took 2’5 hours to come. Qatar representative said the terminal is bare!y functioning !

• This reply was modified 52 years, 7 months ago by .
    SamG

Flew into T4 last Thursday on Qatar. There were two other flights at arrivals hall . Eithad and China. There were not enough baggage handlers to do more than one flight at a time . Baggage took 2’5 hours to come. Qatar representative said the terminal is bare!y functioning !

Wow, that’s ridiculous!

JDB

@SamG while T4 is quiet in terms of flights, it is accordingly (under)staffed as the handlers can’t get the people, plus now has the second most antiquated luggage system at LHR and the tighter regulatory regime so supported here won’t allow for an upgrade.

• This reply was modified 52 years, 7 months ago by .
    AJA

@Cat so sorry I just realised my reply to you never posted. So trying again. I am well, hope you are too? I have recently moved so my travelling has taken a bit of a back seat. That said I am off to Portugal next Sunday assuming my flight doesn’t get cancelled by BA in the meantime. Looking forward to it. Meeting family from Brazil there.

Amy C

Hi all! Yesterday I booked flights to Ecuador for the school Easter holidays in 2023. I managed to save about 35,000 Avios and £200 by booking positioning flights to Madrid, and then starting the long haul segment in Madrid (a grand total of 114,000 Avios and £330 for London to Quito, with Madrid to Quito and back in business). I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone here – thanks to the many helpful articles as well as the collective wisdom in the chat threads. It’s awesome to do able to go on these incredible trips, in school holidays, and still manage to keep it as cheap as possible with the help of collective HfP wisdom.

In case anyone’s wondering, I’m heading to the Galapagos islands! I can’t wait!

I’m so jealous. Do let us know how it is. It’s on my near future list, including a shoestring cruise!

pauline

So am I – def on my bucketlist – how are you organising your Galapagos trip?

polly

@Cat
    Take copious notes, that’s another great trip to remember. Wow, you are certainly making up for lost time during the pandemic… now you have been let loose, it’s all go! Looking forward to reading that report!
    We have also got ex eu on points on QR tho. From DUB to HKT for Feb 23. Might now look at the MAD option…
    But, it’s really exciting to be planning and hopefully! getting on these planes now.

polly

@Cat did you book via IBERIA or BA?

Cat

@Cat so sorry I just realised my reply to you never posted. So trying again. I am well, hope you are too? I have recently moved so my travelling has taken a bit of a back seat. That said I am off to Portugal next Sunday assuming my flight doesn’t get cancelled by BA in the meantime. Looking forward to it. Meeting family from Brazil there.

Enjoy Portugal! Where are you going? I shall keep my fingers crossed that you have a stress-free travel experience, despite recent chaos at airports! How long has it been since you saw the Brazilian side of your family?

Cat

Hi all! Yesterday I booked flights to Ecuador for the school Easter holidays in 2023. I managed to save about 35,000 Avios and £200 by booking positioning flights to Madrid, and then starting the long haul segment in Madrid (a grand total of 114,000 Avios and £330 for London to Quito, with Madrid to Quito and back in business). I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone here – thanks to the many helpful articles as well as the collective wisdom in the chat threads. It’s awesome to do able to go on these incredible trips, in school holidays, and still manage to keep it as cheap as possible with the help of collective HfP wisdom.

In case anyone’s wondering, I’m heading to the Galapagos islands! I can’t wait!

I’m so jealous. Do let us know how it is. It’s on my near future list, including a shoestring cruise!

Yes, I am planning to turn up to the Galapagos with a cheap hotel booked for 8 or 9 days, and then hope to book a last minute (therefore cheap) cruise within that time frame. Fingers crossed that’s do-able over Easter!

Cat

So am I – def on my bucketlist – how are you organising your Galapagos trip?

Booking flights myself, booking a hotel for the duration of my 8-9 night stay, probably in Puerto Ayora, and then I’ll try to book a cheap last minute cruise that falls within the time that I’m there. Fingers crossed! While not on the cruise, I’ll take ferries, do snorkelling trips, and walk around the islands!

Cat

@Cat did you book via IBERIA or BA?

BA – less hassle!

@Cat
    Take copious notes, that’s another great trip to remember. Wow, you are certainly making up for lost time during the pandemic… now you have been let loose, it’s all go! Looking forward to reading that report!
    We have also got ex eu on points on QR tho. From DUB to HKT for Feb 23. Might now look at the MAD option…
    But, it’s really exciting to be planning and hopefully! getting on these planes now.

I do my best, when I can!

Where are you planning to go in Thailand? I imagine Rhys has some great recommendations! It’s amazing to actually be planning travels again (that might actually happen, fingers crossed!). I’ve missed this!

Pid

Thanks for all of the advice. All legs definitely on one 125- ticket number so should be good. Will also apply for an Australia visa seeing that it is free and we no longer need to do the pre boarding paperwork. Thanks for the help.

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Sunday 3rd July’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.