Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Thursday 16th December

Chat thread – Thursday 16th December

Topic closed
  • Rob
    HfP Staff

Please do not post here until Thursday 🙂 Hopefully we will get this automated before Christmas, but we have higher priorities for Neil’s IT time at the moment.

This is today’s chat thread. We have moved the daily discussion from the main HfP news feed into the new forum. We hope you get used to it.

If you have specific questions about Avios, hotels or credit cards, please ask them in the appropriate forum and not here. This thread is a good place to post interesting deals you have spotted or your general thoughts on travel and all things miles and points. Thank you for contributing.

Abdul

I believe Anna is a regular at paying Che with her HH BC. I’d like to ask her, are you paying off the purchase right away, so it follows the principle of the most expensive debt first or at the end of the billing cycle and you’re not seeing any interest charges. I’m just wondering how BC treat Che right now.

For the avoidance of doubt, not using Bendy at all.

Carlos

Hi all, my curve card simply wont work for ATM withdrawals in South Asia. However works in store with card terminals
    Has anyone faced this issue?

Also, what alternative card for free ATM withdrawals can you suggest?

ms

Has anyone seen this https://bit.ly/3yzlTfp.
    Tried to sign up but it wouldn’t take any other MasterCard than US issued.
    Anyway the deal is over.

Andrew J

Data point on the IHG x5 promo, the bonus points posted for a stay last week alongside the x3 points I had already qualified for – which I actually think is fair, considering getting to x3 required a number of previous stays and x5 was open to all – but gave me a very lucrative x9 overall including my Spite bonus.

iheartarbitrage

I believe Anna is a regular at paying Che with her HH BC. I’d like to ask her, are you paying off the purchase right away, so it follows the principle of the most expensive debt first or at the end of the billing cycle and you’re not seeing any interest charges. I’m just wondering how BC treat Che right now.

For the avoidance of doubt, not using Bendy at all.

Why not create a dedicated thread for Revolut in Other Payment Cards

• This reply was modified 52 years, 1 month ago by .
    iheartarbitrage

Hi all, my curve card simply wont work for ATM withdrawals in South Asia. However works in store with card terminals
    Has anyone faced this issue?

Also, what alternative card for free ATM withdrawals can you suggest?

Why not create a dedicated thread for Curve in Other Payment Cards and ask the qesution there?

iheartarbitrage

Data point on the IHG x5 promo, the bonus points posted for a stay last week alongside the x3 points I had already qualified for – which I actually think is fair, considering getting to x3 required a number of previous stays and x5 was open to all – but gave me a very lucrative x9 overall including my Spite bonus.

Why not post in the dedicated thread for this topic 5x Bonus Points Promo

iheartarbitrage

That conclues the “pointlessness of having a daily chat thread in the forum” lesson for today.

Shaw West

£2200 and Oneworld Emerald is yours! 🙂

Andrew J

That conclues the “pointlessness of having a daily chat thread in the forum” lesson for today.

Because I prefer the daily chat to the forum, so I’ll continue to post here. But thanks for your suggestions.

Rui N.

The daily chat is the forum… asking questions here that should be in a proper thread will only lead to one outcome: no more daily chat thread.

Rui N.

The daily chat is IN the forum…
    No more edit button now?!

Paul

£2200 and Oneworld Emerald is yours! 🙂

Would you care to explain?

cinereus

Because I prefer the daily chat to the forum, so I’ll continue to post here. But thanks for your suggestions.

Yeah, as @Rui N points out, this brattishness is not going to help your cause. And it seems you’re somewhat tilting at windmills; there is no problem as soon as people learn how forums are designed to be used.

Bill

NEW: France says it’s introducing new restrictions on travellers from UK and not resident in France to slow the spread of Omicron variant. From Saturday only those with a ‘compelling’ reason will be allowed into France. Even vaccinated travellers will have to isolate #Omicron

For at least 48 hours on arrival. They will need to show negative PCR rest no more than 24 hours before travel and can be released from quarantine after a new test taken in France. IMPORTANT am told these new restrictions do not apply to hauliers

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Thursday 16th December’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.