Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Thursday 23rd June

Chat thread – Thursday 23rd June

Topic closed
  • Rob
    HfP Staff

This is today’s chat thread. We have moved the daily discussion from the main HfP news feed into the new forum. We hope you get used to it.

If you have specific questions about Avios, hotels or credit cards, please ask them in the appropriate forum and not here. This thread is a good place to post interesting deals you have spotted or your general thoughts on travel and all things miles and points. Thank you for contributing.

Frankie

Hoping someone can help please. What is the time limit on making a downgrade compensation claim to BA from being downgraded from First to CW?

meta

Six years from departure date!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by meta.
    mkcol

Due to depart Vancouver on BA in just over 48 hours.

Noticed it’s already 1.5 hours late, which alerted someone to show me their woeful performance over the last couple of weeks. FlightRadar24 has shown some 6 hour delays.

While €600 compo would be welcome I’d rather not have a big delay with the inevitable baggage chaos on arrival at LHR on Saturday 😬

Thinking of that, I’m hoping to get my larger wheelie on board along with my Cabin Zero so I don’t have to check any bags 🤞🏻

roger

If I book AA redemption on QR and link my BA status, assume I can get one world benefits including lounge access.

Michael C

I’m hoping to get my larger wheelie on board along with my Cabin Zero so I don’t have to check any bags 🤞🏻

Do it!!! Fewer clothes and extra deodorant from Boots after security!

NorthernLass

Anyone planning a trip to Australia next year, there are currently *4* off-peak, CW seats to SYD showing on SeatSpy for June 12th!!

Blair Waldorf Salad

If I book AA redemption on QR and link my BA status, assume I can get one world benefits including lounge access.

The redemption ticket will be automatically linked to your Aadvantage account. To introduce BAEC into the mix for tier benefit purposes would require a phone call and I suspect a high chance of the agent not understanding what you want to do/how to do it for you.

roger

The redemption ticket will be automatically linked to your Aadvantage account. To introduce BAEC into the mix for tier benefit purposes would require a phone call and I suspect a high chance of the agent not understanding what you want to do/how to do it for you.

I was hoping it could be done on QR MMB.

shuriccc

i am flying from Sardinia to mainland Italy on Saturday 25th June, with Ryanair. With all the strike announcements should I seek an alternative option or wait until Ryanair cancels and rebook. Timing is not critical I could travel day or two later.

yorkshireRich

Anyone planning a trip to Australia next year, there are currently *4* off-peak, CW seats to SYD showing on SeatSpy for June 12th!!

brilliant. The leader of the opposition wants a baby at some point so she’s not playing ball.
    Whilst I have your attention, and you are one of the “experts”, what exactly would I do to book the return, because obviously at present there is only the single journey I could book. I know it’s something to
    Do with 50% and 35 pound per person.

Thanks for your response in advance and I’ll spend the rest of the day if it’s available pestering her and Persuading her to book it.

Lastly, I think Even though it’s 500/600 pound more expensive, not sure if it would be worth the hassle of
    Flying from Dublin/Amsterdam etc, but would have to look at it more closely. only my opinion of course.

Go197

The Avis President’s Club benefits are having a laugh:

Guaranteed car availability****

****depending on availability

Anon

Thanks for flagging! Booked!

NorthernLass

Lol, I was tempted to book it myself and I don’t even want to go to Australia at the moment. It would be like having your very own unicorn 😂

NorthernLass

@yorkshireRich, you’d just have to wait until the return was released then jump on it, either online or being on the phone at the right time. And have a Plan B! There’s only £35 involved if you’re cancelling or changing anything. 50% is if you book the return online and then request half the avios back. Only do this if the surcharges work for you (no idea about SYD on this).
    We took our son to Oz and NZ when he was four, and he loved it as he was really into planes at that time (his AV geek phase, I guess!) So you might not have long to wait …

*I would totally go from DUB, not least because it’s quicker and cheaper to get to than London!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by NorthernLass.
    ChrisC

Lastly, I think Even though it’s 500/600 pound more expensive, not sure if it would be worth the hassle of
    Flying from Dublin/Amsterdam etc, but would have to look at it more closely. only my opinion of course.

If it’s more expensive to start in DUB or AMS or INV or CDG then definitly don’t start there!

NorthernLass

I’m assuming he meant less expensive!

Amy C

Well, got my wait list email for the party! Trying to pay for my place and it won’t let me. Endless page cogs turning and never getting anywhere on payment page. Beyond frustrating.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Amy C.
    yorkieflyer

Amex shop small map not seeming to be working

FlyingPtarmigan

Ideas requested please as I’m struggling with ideas…

We have £1.5k in BA e-vouchers that we need to use up with a view to travelling April / May next year. Happy to do 5-6 hours in economy, but equally happy to book WT or WTP and use AVIOS to upgrade.

We also have a stash of Hilton points that I’m happy to top up a little to give us 5 nights in a nice hotel.

We’re doing a lot this year and are expecting that it will be prudent to not be away from the UK for longer than 5-7 days at a stretch due to family health issues.

In such circumstances, I’d normally favour a Boston or New York trip, but we have three US east coast trips booked in for the end of the year.

I get grumpy at temperatures above 30C 🙂

Creative suggestions?

ChrisC

I’m assuming he meant less expensive!

Who knows?

People do some strange things on here!

ChrisC

In such circumstances, I’d normally favour a Boston or New York trip, but we have three US east coast trips booked in for the end of the year.

How about Toronto or Montreal? Plenty of things to see and do in both cities.

A tad longer distance but how about Chicago?

mark2

Amex shop small map not seeming to be working

We could delude ourselves that they are correcting it!
    But, seriously, to me it seems obvious that they are making it less useful so fewer people will complain when it is discontinued e.g. only a wee making it difficult to try a merchant and see whether a rebate appears

Charles Martel
    Mankhool

Simply convert reward points equivalent of up to 20,000 Avios, and collect 20% bonus Avios. You can also convert reward points equivalent to over 20,000 Avios, to collect 40% bonus Avios.

Enjoy this exclusive offer with banks including American Express, Citibank and more.

Qatar Airways have a promotional transfer

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Thursday 23rd June’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.