Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Thursday 24th November

Chat thread – Thursday 24th November

Topic closed
  • Rob
    HfP Staff

This is today’s chat thread.

If you have specific questions about Avios, hotels or credit cards, please ask them in the appropriate forum and not here. This thread is a good place to post interesting deals you have spotted or your general thoughts on travel and all things miles and points. Thank you for contributing.

smartboyalec

Evening/morning all – I am not sure if this is the right forum or not – so apologies if I got this wrong in advance.

I have managed to accumulate little over 110k heathrow rewards points and just wondering whats the best redemption value on them – should I just pick up heathrow reward vouchers and shop at the airport or is there a better value redemption option worth exploring?

Thanks a lot for any pointers.

BJ

@smartboyalec, this HFP article may help but note it is a year old so some changes are possible. Tge scheme is not as dynamic as it once was which probably explains lack of HfP coverage in recent years. What is best depends on how you personally value the shopping versus the transfer options.
    https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/11/01/review-heathrow-rewards/

roger

Any discount or offers on sixt car rental during Christmas period.
    30% discount seems to be outside this period.
    Amex platinum doesn’t seem to have any link with sixt.

ElSemm

BA 777 Club Suite overhead bins.

Morning all from sunny South Africa (via BA 241 voucher 😊). We recently flew on a CS 777 from SFO and noticed the first few rows – no first class on this aircraft – didn’t have overhead storage bins over the two centre seats. Can anyone remember which row they start, I think it may row 4?

Thanks

AD

Hi Rob/All,
    My Ambassador complimentary weekend night is valid until 01/01/2023. Can I redeem it for a stay starting 31/12/2022 and ending 02/01/2023 (checkout date) please? Many thanks

Sip

Just recently flew the A380 business class on LHR-SIN.
    I can’t be the only one because my partner felt the same, but the seats despite looking great, just aren’t comfortable to sleep in at all.
    I read beforehand that taller people had issues with it but I’m a short 5ft7 and even I felt very uncomfortable.
    Have others experienced the same and have recommendations? Or have I been sleeping wrong?

Harry T

I can’t be the only one because my partner felt the same, but the seats despite looking great, just aren’t comfortable to sleep in at all.
    I read beforehand that taller people had issues with it but I’m a short 5ft7 and even I felt very uncomfortable.
    Have others experienced the same and have recommendations? Or have I been sleeping wrong?

probably helps if you specify an airline 🙂

NorthernLass

Also @Sip, do you mean in comparison to other business class seats? And what type were they on your flight? I’ve only ever done overnights in the old CW and they are not comfortable, IME, it feels like trying to sleep on a stretcher!

Mankhool

Airportr charging 45Pounds to collect three check in bags from east London to LHR and drop the bags to BA.IS it the normal price or Black friday sale price or misprice?

Peter K

Ebay voucher code BETTER20.

20% off items £9.99 or more, up to max £75 off. Ends midnight GMT today.

Only (long list of) selected sellers but if yours in among them it’s far better than a 30 nectar points bonus tomorrow in the “power hour”.

idontfly

10am flight tomorrow from Heathrow. I see there are some closures of TFL stations – Heathrow stations included, I was thinking of taking the Lizzy line from Bond street. Is anyone else in a similar position keen to hear your plans. Thank you

Blair Waldorf Salad

I’m assuming Singapore Airlines. If so I completely agree. I found the positioning odd, the seat too hard and in fact too wide when sitting too (I slid around in it during landing). I also had sore hips for 2 days from side sleeping on the hard mattress.

Lady London

Evening/morning all – I am not sure if this is the right forum or not – so apologies if I got this wrong in advance.

I have managed to accumulate little over 110k heathrow rewards points and just wondering whats the best redemption value on them – should I just pick up heathrow reward vouchers and shop at the airport or is there a better value redemption option worth exploring?

Thanks a lot for any pointers.

In the past they very occasionally did double up promotions so a bit of waiting and watching might be worth it? noting that value for points whether spent or transferred is best thought of as a risk with time, of them being devalued.

chrism20

NOV24 is todays airtime code

Requires £20 spend today for £3 back.

idontfly

10am flight tomorrow from Heathrow. I see there are some closures of TFL stations – Heathrow stations included, I was thinking of taking the Lizzy line from Bond street. Is anyone else in a similar position keen to hear your plans. Thank you

Also now a note from Virgin –
    We’re getting in touch to advise you that due to industrial action, there will be no Heathrow Express services on 26 November 2022. Please seek alternative methods of travel to and from London Heathrow airport.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you, however we can’t wait to welcome you onboard and we hope you have a pleasant flight with us.

Rhino40

Hi. I made an offer on a pair of trainers on ebay through the make an offer tab on a “buy it now” listing. Offer accepted. I’ve registered for the bf power hour. When I pay for trainers at 12.10, I’ll qualify for the enhanced nectar? Furthermore, could I pay with nectar and qualify. The cost includes free postage.

SamG

I’m assuming Singapore Airlines. If so I completely agree. I found the positioning odd, the seat too hard and in fact too wide when sitting too (I slid around in it during landing). I also had sore hips for 2 days from side sleeping on the hard mattress.

Was that the new seat? It’s less wide than the old seat (the one you pulled down to make the bed) but agree, it’s very hard. Lots of reviews agree, I am surprised they don’t give out a mattress pad

Peter K

Hi. I made an offer on a pair of trainers on ebay through the make an offer tab on a “buy it now” listing. Offer accepted. I’ve registered for the bf power hour. When I pay for trainers at 12.10, I’ll qualify for the enhanced nectar? Furthermore, could I pay with nectar and qualify. The cost includes free postage.

You can’t pay with nectar, has to be PayPal, credit/debit card etc.

LD27

Was that the new seat? It’s less wide than the old seat (the one you pulled down to make the bed) but agree, it’s very hard. Lots of reviews agree, I am surprised they don’t give out a mattress pad

Have also just flown the A380 and thought seat was much more uncomfortable than the old pull down seat.

Flew the A350 Singapore to Melbourne and thought that more comfortable.

Have to say flew BA CW week before A380 and thought that bed was more comfortable than both Singapore Airlines seats.

Also thought food on board was no better than BA, especially when desert came wrapped in cling film! Chicken satay was good though.

AB29

Can anybody tell me which is the best lounge at Gatwick South? There obviously lots of reviews but no league table.

Thanks

Peter K

Can anybody tell me which is the best lounge at Gatwick South? There obviously lots of reviews but no league table.

Thanks

If you have access, the BA lounge is actually good.

AB29

Agreed but lost my access during covid. I prefer it to the Heathrow lounges.

Sip

Sorry all, Blair was on the money, it was Singapore Airline

Tracey

@Rob, I can’t reach this thread through the daily article that has “click here for today’s thread”.

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Thursday 24th November’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.