Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Thursday 24th November

Chat thread – Thursday 24th November

Topic closed
  • davedent

If I fly into Doha in first and out in business can I still use the first lounge and is it worth it – thanks folks !

Which airline is this with?

How daft am I – Qatar

Matty

Happy Thanksgiving to our resident Americans!

What’s Gatwick South like at the crack of dawn these days? Got a 6am flight on Monday, HBO and fast-track security. Wondering how close I can cut it without stressing—would arriving at 4.30 be sufficient?

You’ll be fine. I’d say you’ll be fine up to 5:00 am, with still a little breathing space.

AL
    JDB

I read https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20221122-should-we-get-rid-of-air-miles-for-climate-change with interest.

It’s Lib Dem policy to introduce some sort of frequent flyer levy (saying 15% of people represent 70% of flying) and they are generally anti air travel, Labour makes a lot of anti aviation noises but doesn’t have a very defined policy, Tories favour controlled expansion of the sector while reducing emissions.

Peter K

Hi. I made an offer on a pair of trainers on ebay through the make an offer tab on a “buy it now” listing. Offer accepted. I’ve registered for the bf power hour. When I pay for trainers at 12.10, I’ll qualify for the enhanced nectar? Furthermore, could I pay with nectar and qualify. The cost includes free postage.

You can’t pay with nectar, has to be PayPal, credit/debit card etc.

Nonsense. Paying with redeemed Nectar points won’t prevent you from being awarded the additional 30x points between midday and 1pm tomorrow.

Only going by the T&Cs. They specify which payment methods are acceptable and nectar is not listed. YYMC.

Harrier25

When you convert Nectar points on ebay and use the voucher against an order it doesn’t affect the amount of Nectar points you earn against that purchase, which includes any bonus points.

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Thursday 24th November’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.