Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Tuesday 11th January

Chat thread – Tuesday 11th January

Topic closed
  • Rob
    HfP Staff

This is today’s chat thread. We have moved the daily discussion from the main HfP news feed into the new forum. We hope you get used to it.

If you have specific questions about Avios, hotels or credit cards, please ask them in the appropriate forum and not here. This thread is a good place to post interesting deals you have spotted or your general thoughts on travel and all things miles and points. Thank you for contributing.

Benilyn

Istanbul – any recommendations for hotel? c£1k for a week in May. Looking at Conrad, decent TA reviews, any other recommendations? Not tied to chain so independent also works.

Harrier25

Some good news finally…Virgin Mobile and O2 users will not face EU roaming charges.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59930934

trader363

Bit embarrassed to ask a stupid question but here goes . . . I have a supp creation card which I’ve recently started spending on. I can see it in the app next to the main card, but none of the transactions from the supp card are showing (only transactions made on the main card).

Am I missing something?

MarkSX

Istanbul – any recommendations for hotel? c£1k for a week in May. Looking at Conrad, decent TA reviews, any other recommendations? Not tied to chain so independent also works.

I think Conrad is a bit far from the action… I stayed at 10 at Karakoy recently, smaller boutique hotel by SBE/Accor for £60/night, not sure how much it has moved since.

On a separate note, having gotten my Virgin voucher after £10k spent on the Virgin CC, am I free to call in to cancel the card? Have no use for it anymore and don’t want to be hit by the 2nd year fees should I forget to cancel it down the line.

Michael C

I really like the Conrad location – right next to Besiktas with lots of cafés, etc., ferry over to Kadikoy, and even a pleasant stroll from Ortakoy for Sunday brunch.

SpitfireCharlie

Good morning. I’m trying to find how many tier points are awarded for flying BA Business Southampton to Innsbruck. Any help appreciated. The BA tier point calculator states they don’t recognize that route and airline combination but it’s definitely a BA route!

QwertyKnowsBest

One for Lady London-

Just scrolling back to my post from Sunday re MIA hotels. I saw that you had replied, but not the reply,
    thanks anyhow. BTW agree with your comments re this forum, it’s the only forum that I follow that frustrates making it difficult to get the benefit from.

can

Chase after a hotel with a view of Bosporus. Conrad and Hilton Bosporus are good.

Richie

Good morning. I’m trying to find how many tier points are awarded for flying BA Business Southampton to Innsbruck. Any help appreciated. The BA tier point calculator states they don’t recognize that route and airline combination but it’s definitely a BA route!

My guess is no more than 40.

Charles Martel

It’s not official (or a source I’ve used before) but this site states 2000mi is the threshold for long haul earning so SOU-INN (629mi) would be the same as LHR-INN (606mi). In business this flight should earn 40tp ew.

Unofficial Tier Points & Avios Calculator – British Airways Executive Club

Damian

I imagine it will be 40 each leg, same as travelling from London.

Just Nick

Good morning all.
    I have booked a collinson supervised pre-departure rapid antigen test however, they will not confirm whether it is suitable for entry into Portugal. Does anybody know if they are good.

NorthernLass

Good morning all.
    I have booked a collinson supervised pre-departure rapid antigen test however, they will not confirm whether it is suitable for entry into Portugal. Does anybody know if they are good.

We used them for Spain last summer, there shouldn’t be a problem. I imagine they won’t commit to anything in case the rules change in the meantime!

meta

Good morning all.

I used it in the summer and it was fine.

Michael C

Morning, All (espesh. N Lass, of course!)
    As a vague generalisation, would I have a better chance
    of on-board wifi with BA or AA on an LHR-LAX flight? Have
    been invited to speak at a conf. in Oct. but would prefer not
    to have an entire day on board but out of touch!

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Tuesday 11th January’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.