Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Wednesday 12th January

Chat thread – Wednesday 12th January

Topic closed
  • Rob
    HfP Staff

This is today’s chat thread. We have moved the daily discussion from the main HfP news feed into the new forum. We hope you get used to it.

If you have specific questions about Avios, hotels or credit cards, please ask them in the appropriate forum and not here. This thread is a good place to post interesting deals you have spotted or your general thoughts on travel and all things miles and points. Thank you for contributing.

Erico1875

So instead of Daily chat, why not a General Chat forum.
    New topics can then be added from the right hand button and replies posted underneath.

Erico1875

Like this

Erico1875

And this

Aston100

Not sure I follow.
    On my desktop browser, I’m seeing all 3 of your posts as standalone.

Erico1875

Mmm. On Android the replies are all under original topic General chat thread

Aston100

Chrome Desktop Browser

Peter K

I see it the same as Aston100

Erico1875

Yes so do I
    I think I worded it badly.
    Basically
    Forums- sub forums- i.e general chat – start new topic/thread- reply under

Just as the other sub forums- work

John

Perhaps there doesn’t really need to be a new thread daily, just a single indefinitely long chat thread. It could mainly contain random posts like Merry Christmas, bragging about a nice redemption or general comments about where you are on holiday.

A mod would need to move posts asking for advice or actual discussion to the right subforum and notify the original poster. Flyertalk and other forums also have general chat threads but nobody really uses them because everyone posts in the correct place. But HFP chatters are used to posting everything in the same place. This habit needs to go to make the forums more successful

psycho1060

good morning all, I am £1000 short of hitting my Amex 30,000 bonus in a few days. Does any know if I was to buy something for £1000, transfer the 30,000 Amex to avios, and then return the £1000 goods. Will this cause an issue? cheers.

ChrisC

good morning all, I am £1000 short of hitting my Amex 30,000 bonus in a few days. Does any know if I was to buy something for £1000, transfer the 30,000 Amex to avios, and then return the £1000 goods. Will this cause an issue? cheers.

Have you checked the AMEX forum?

American Express

• This reply was modified 52 years, 1 month ago by .
    Andrew J

Yes, your account will be in deficit of 31,000 MR points once you return the £1000 item. Why not just buy a gift card for somewhere you’d shop anyway in due course to take you over the line.

hugo r

Has anyone been to Vegas recently ? If so is cash widely accepted for payments in restaurants etc or is it strictly card payments only

PaulC

Data point – Randox home testing kit.
    Swabbed 11:40am yesterday
    Dropped off at dropbox 2:00pm
    Email to say it had arrived 10:08pm
    Email with results 3:37am this morning.
    Uploaded to VeriFLY and instantly approved.
    All good to check in at 9:45am this morning when check-in opens.

mradey

Has anyone been to Vegas recently ? If so is cash widely accepted for payments in restaurants etc or is it strictly card payments only

I was there November/December and was able to spend cash at all the places I chose to.

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Wednesday 12th January’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.