Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Wednesday 22nd December

Chat thread – Wednesday 22nd December

Topic closed
  • Rob
    HfP Staff

This is today’s chat thread. We have moved the daily discussion from the main HfP news feed into the new forum. We hope you get used to it.

If you have specific questions about Avios, hotels or credit cards, please ask them in the appropriate forum and not here. This thread is a good place to post interesting deals you have spotted or your general thoughts on travel and all things miles and points. Thank you for contributing.

iamlost

Good morning from the Shangri-La Mauritius. Question about the BBR Amex offer – does anyone know if their gift vouchers are processed differently or if they’d trigger the offer credit? I’ve bought in-store when this offer ran previously, so I have no idea about online. Thanks.

https://www.bbr.com/offers-gift-vouchers

sara

Good morning. I’m currently on 370 tier points, so 80 short of Silver, with tier point collection end of 8 January 2022.

Is there a better (cheaper or easier) way to reach Silver than a short Club return from LON to MAN/GLA/DUB for around £300?

BC8

Morning all, this has probably been covered before but anyone have any ideas how to use the £200 platinum dining credit without venturing into a restaurant? Ie. Vouchers / hampers etc.? Thanks for any help.

Richie

Good morning. I’m currently on 370 tier points, so 80 short of Silver, with tier point collection end of 8 January 2022.

Is there a better (cheaper or easier) way to reach Silver than a short Club return from LON to MAN/GLA/DUB for around £300?

There’s also LCY-BHD if you want to stick to the CTA. There are BA economy flights operated by BACF from BHD to BHX, GLA, LBD if you fancy more economy flights and have the time. Over on flyertalk in the BA forum, there’s more information regarding economy booking classes that earn higher TPs.

rich

Well given the testing requirements and cost thereof then UK IRE internal flights for a tier point run certainly have their benefits right now! There are a few more to add to your list – just go for the cheapest?

ChrisC

Try the AMEX forum

American Express

Olly

Is there anywhere offering bonuses for purchasing Amazon vouchers presently?

Reney

Morning all, this has probably been covered before but anyone have any ideas how to use the £200 platinum dining credit without venturing into a restaurant? Ie. Vouchers / hampers etc.? Thanks for any help.

try this tread

American Express Dining Credit – Expires 31/12/21

Reney

Is there anywhere offering bonuses for purchasing Amazon vouchers presently?

Do you have the 10% Morrison offer on any of your cards? If so you can purchase Amazon gift cards from there.

AJA

I’ve got the TV on in the background showing the wonderful Wallace and Gromit in “A matter of loaf and death”. There was a random scene and in the background a billboard advertising flights to Venice with CheesyJet! Hilarious!

planeconcorde

There’s also LCY-BHD if you want to stick to the CTA. There are BA economy flights operated by BACF from BHD to BHX, GLA, LBD if you fancy more economy flights and have the time. Over on flyertalk in the BA forum, there’s more information regarding economy booking classes that earn higher TPs.

If you have had a COVID Booster then LHR -> JER return in Club can be lower than £300. But that’s booking in advance.

secretsquirrel

£217 early Jan lhr-jer in Club rtn

NorthernLass

I’ve decided to call BA on Christmas morning to try and use one of my FTVs 😬. Any suggestions for best time/number?

davefl

New years’ day, LHR-INV same day return for 274. £209 on the 2nd if you can stay overnight

TGLoyalty

Google flights is your friend for pricing up a TP run.

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Wednesday 22nd December’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.