Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Wednesday 23rd February

Chat thread – Wednesday 23rd February

Topic closed
  • ecugkq30

Morning, following on from an article a few weeks ago can anyone advise if the lounge offering at the Intercontinental Paris Le Grand has improved at all? At the time it was a shadow of its pre Covid self but wanted to ask in case anyone has been recently. Also, an AMB question; if I book a club level room to get lounge access and then my AMB status automatically upgrades me to the next room up but it doesn’t have lounge access, do you lose it? Thanks!

There is a long thread, always near the top, on the hotel on the IHG board at Flyertalk which I keep an eye on. Answer seems to be ‘not really’, to the extent that you can no longer skip a meal because the lounge has so much food (except breakfast, obviously).

Thanks Rob!

can

Looks like Italy is stopping the need for pre departure tests for non Eu from March 1st.
    Good news!!
    J

Great news, booked two trips to Italy starting from the Easter break

Reney

10% off Monese gift cards

FEB50 £50 for £45
    FEB100 £100 for £90
    FEB200 £200 for £180

Which one of you brought up all the £400 🤣. Looks like the end of 20% gift cards, it was good whilst it lasted.

rams

FEB50 £50 for £45
    FEB100 £100 for £90
    FEB200 £200 for £180

Which one of you brought up all the £400 🤣. Looks like the end of 20% gift cards, it was good whilst it lasted.

Thanks for sharing. Not as good if you have Morrisons 10% so not for me

Youllnever

FEB50 £50 for £45
    FEB100 £100 for £90
    FEB200 £200 for £180

+1. 10% is common enough that I won’t be chasing this.

Froggee

FEB50 £50 for £45
    FEB100 £100 for £90
    FEB200 £200 for £180

I thank you. I’m always happy to save a few quid off my Waitrose delivery without having to go to too much effort.

davefl

Did the LFT with Project Screen for my US flight tomorrow, did all the hoop jumping with Virgin Flyready, only to get to online check in to be told sorry you can’t check in online, have to do it at the airport.

What’s the betting I get the dreaded XXXX on the boarding pass for the 5th time in the last 6 trips. Random my ass!!!

The weather forecast is looking dreadful. Delay and cancellation hell due to storm across the midwest, so expecting 9+ hours layover at ATL and then temps dropped to 2C in Austin from the 28C that it was yesterday.

And this is a holiday….. why do we do it!

ChrisC

If you are getting SSSS on a regular basis then it may be worth looking into seeing if you can get a redress number from the US Dept Homeland Security.

It’s possible someone with similar name etc as you are on their naughty list.

davefl

Yeah, I had thought about it pre-covid but forgot. Since I’m likely to pond hop three times this year I will if my speculation is true tomorrow.

(not sure why my brain typed X rather than S, it’s the stress I guess)

Edited to add, there are only 5 people with my name in the world as far as I’m aware, and all are distantly related and pretty sure aren’t naughty boys)

Aston100

FEB50 £50 for £45
    FEB100 £100 for £90
    FEB200 £200 for £180

+1. 10% is common enough that I won’t be chasing this.

Yeah same here. First time ever I’ve not bothered with these gift cards

eppleby

Is it possible to start a thread about what seems to be becoming a common theme with hotels that are close to airports? The common theme is that the hotels are being contracted as quarantine or asylum hotels! I don’t have a problem with this but I do have a problem that some hotels neglect to inform customers that their booking is effectively cancelled.

This has happened to me twice over the last 18 months, firstly with Sofitel T5 and latterly with Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport! In neither case did the hotels inform me and, once I discovered that my booking was cancelled, once from reading HfP and second time whilst phoning hotel about an unrelated matter, neither hotel offered to source alternative accommodation!

Andrew J

Anyone got a list of the latest lunch/dinner menu at Galleries First? Is the burger back?

Andrew J

Did the LFT with Project Screen for my US flight tomorrow, did all the hoop jumping with Virgin Flyready, only to get to online check in to be told sorry you can’t check in online, have to do it at the airport.

What’s the betting I get the dreaded XXXX on the boarding pass for the 5th time in the last 6 trips. Random my ass!!!

The weather forecast is looking dreadful. Delay and cancellation hell due to storm across the midwest, so expecting 9+ hours layover at ATL and then temps dropped to 2C in Austin from the 28C that it was yesterday.

Why not cancel your trip? At least you can take a voucher for the flight.

davefl

Why not cancel your trip? At least you can take a voucher for the flight.

Because I have 14 hotels, a very expensive car rental and 2750 miles of road trip that I can’t unpick completely. The UC flight booked with Virgin points is the least of the problems 🙂

And if I did cancel it would be the 4th US trip I’ve canceled since the start of the pandemic and I’m bored of doing that.

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Wednesday 23rd February’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.