Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Daily chat threads Click here for today’s chat thread Chat thread – Wednesday 6th July

Chat thread – Wednesday 6th July

Topic closed
  • Rob
    HfP Staff

This is today’s chat thread. We have moved the daily discussion from the main HfP news feed into the new forum. We hope you get used to it.

If you have specific questions about Avios, hotels or credit cards, please ask them in the appropriate forum and not here. This thread is a good place to post interesting deals you have spotted or your general thoughts on travel and all things miles and points. Thank you for contributing.

mixxy001

I can’t attend the Hfp party tonight… I have two tickets. Let me know if you want them!

travelsutra

Hi mixxy001 I am looking for a ticket- would you be willing to sell me one? Thanks.

• This reply was modified 52 years, 7 months ago by .
    travelsutra

Hi mixxy001 I am looking for a ticket- would you be willing to sell me one? Thanks.

Carlos

Where and what time is the hfp party?

Niall
    SteveJ

Tickets only, no showing up unticketed!

tw33ty

Anyone done the virgin wine case offer? If so, how long did it take for the 3000 virgin points to post?

Don’t want to cancel before the points come.

xefo

any idea if HSBC will run the conversion bonus promo this year? Is it usually around August/Sep?

shilly

@Meta for your information just arrived back from Marmorosch Bucharest Marriott Autograph collection staying 4 nights for the grand total of 66000 bonvoy points. Excellent stay!! The staff were very friendly the hotel decor was just beautiful, the service and food was great. Only Marriott gold so no breakfast but we got upgraded to the next level room which was very nicely decorated and we had a fantastic view of the old town.
    It’s a great place to stay in the city centre and you can walk to most places. The Vault was opened when we were there so we went for cocktails with friends one evening which was an experience in itself. If you want there is a well equipped gym a swimming pool that was empty while we were there and a great range of treatments in the spa. You will enjoy your stay I am sure. We have stayed in the Intercontinental previously but this has now been taken over by another group but the location of the Marmorosch is hard to beat. Enjoy!!

ttt

Looking for a ticket for tonight’s party if anyone is looking to sell one. Many thanks

Jim Utd

Virgin announced direct flights to Tampa from Nov 3rd, bookable from 13th July. Good winter redemption option. 4 weekly to start then to daily from end of November. B787-9. New A330-900 revealed next Tuesday. Bet Rob has an invite!

ttt

I can’t attend the Hfp party tonight… I have two tickets. Let me know if you want them!

still available?

StanTheMan

Two tickets to sell for tonight’s party…..

Princess

Princess

I would love to buy them

Princess

I would love to buy them

I’ve just asked Rob if he can send you my email

StanTheMan

I would love to buy them

whats your email, i can send them over

StanTheMan

I would love to buy them

I’ve just asked Rob if he can send you my email

even better!

Princess

I would love to buy them

whats your email, i can send them over

clothy75 (at) gmail.com

meta

@Meta for your information just arrived back from Marmorosch Bucharest Marriott Autograph collection staying 4 nights for the grand total of 66000 bonvoy points. Excellent stay!! The staff were very friendly the hotel decor was just beautiful, the service and food was great. Only Marriott gold so no breakfast but we got upgraded to the next level room which was very nicely decorated and we had a fantastic view of the old town.
    It’s a great place to stay in the city centre and you can walk to most places. The Vault was opened when we were there so we went for cocktails with friends one evening which was an experience in itself. If you want there is a well equipped gym a swimming pool that was empty while we were there and a great range of treatments in the spa. You will enjoy your stay I am sure. We have stayed in the Intercontinental previously but this has now been taken over by another group but the location of the Marmorosch is hard to beat. Enjoy!!

Many thanks for the report.

KP

News coming that the KLM COO is joining BA as the new COO

PeteM

News coming that the KLM COO is joining BA as the new COO

Something about senior managers only failing upwards… Although I guess the problems at KLM are perhaps more to do with Schiphol than the airline itself.

lookofdisdain

Heading to the US for a work trip at the end of the month. I’ll be booking my own travel & accommodation then being reimbursed afterwards. Am I right in thinking as a BA PP cardholder I can either eat the 3% FX fee to earn some avios or just use my monzo and lose out?

Charles Martel

Heading to the US for a work trip at the end of the month. I’ll be booking my own travel & accommodation then being reimbursed afterwards. Am I right in thinking as a BA PP cardholder I can either eat the 3% FX fee to earn some avios or just use my monzo and lose out?

Can you expense the FX fee? The alternative is one of the Barclays Avios cards + Curve; but this may get your card cancelled.

• The topic ‘Chat thread – Wednesday 6th July’ is closed to new replies.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.