Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Child sharing same bedding? (Hilton T2/T3 says no)

• Michael C 671 posts

Tried to book a king room with our son sharing bed for
    the 8 hours before flight. BA hotels only let us book
    Family Room (GBP60 more), so rang hotel, and they agreed,
    no kids in king room. I always thought this was a “thing” of
    Hilton, that kids weren’t charged if sharing with you?

can 506 posts

How old is the kid?

NorthernLass 7,581 posts

It really varies from one hotel to another, but I suspect that a lot of properties are currently looking at it in revenue terms – they can make more money by forcing you to book a family room or pay through the nose for a rollaway bed.
    Our son is 16 now and doesn’t want to share with us (and vice versa as he is on his phone till 2 am when it’s not a school night and we need our sleep lol), so currently we’re stuck with shelling out for suites or 2 rooms which is why we are choosing CPs over ICs at the moment! I’ve just booked him a separate studio suite at the HGI Key West over Xmas which is painful in terms of the points I’ve had to use but should make for a peaceful stay.

Michael C 671 posts

How old is the kid?

Got a v. cheap Hilton Family & Friends rate in the end!

Rui N. 831 posts

It really varies from one hotel to another, but I suspect that a lot of properties are currently looking at it in revenue terms – they can make more money by forcing you to book a family room or pay through the nose for a rollaway bed.
    Our son is 16 now and doesn’t want to share with us (and vice versa as he is on his phone till 2 am when it’s not a school night and we need our sleep lol), so currently we’re stuck with shelling out for suites or 2 rooms which is why we are choosing CPs over ICs at the moment! I’ve just booked him a separate studio suite at the HGI Key West over Xmas which is painful in terms of the points I’ve had to use but should make for a peaceful stay.

Good thing that my parents never proposed to me sharing a bed with them at 16… or probably any time after 10, for that matter.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.