Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Cliveden Mr & Mrs Smith

• shilly 111 posts

Just thought I would briefly mention our stay at Cliveden house with the IHG free night. We had a Mansion House Deluxe room which was excellent, lots of space and very well equipped and a four poster bed, mattress was heaven. We knew we would have the half bottle of champagne and some chocolates as part of Mr & Mrs Smith group but there was also a large bowl of fresh fruit and 3 decent packets of F&D choc buttons, trail mix, and wasabi nuts. When we were being shown to our room we were also told we were eligible to use the butler’s panty which was just below our room. It was stocked all day with red and white wine, water beer, Peroni and Estrella, shortbread rounds tea and coffee and fruit. Brilliant result. We were also not charged for breakfast which we were expecting to pay for at £25 for full English but they didn’t ask what our room was when we were seated or our name so I don’t know how they normally manage it? For anyone who has an upcoming stay We thoroughly enjoyed it and even more so as it was a credit card free night. Staff were excellent by the way.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

Sounds fabulous 😄 We had a pleasant tour of the grounds and house on an NT visit about 10 years ago – I was always curious about the place after watching the film Scandal as a teenager!

shilly 111 posts

Yes I agree the grounds are fabulous and down by the river was very relaxing, can’t be beaten on a summer’s day!!

SRF. 43 posts

I’m there in 2 weeks [on points]. Sadly the lowest grade room but made it nice and clear it’s for our anniversary in case they want to throw us some charity 🙂

shilly 111 posts

I’m there in 2 weeks [on points]. Sadly the lowest grade room but made it nice and clear it’s for our anniversary in case they want to throw us some charity 🙂

Hi if you go to the 1st floor in the main house and turn right and right again that’s where the butler’s pantry is and you can pour yourself a glass of wine etc and sit out on the balcony terrace if the weather’s nice, no one asked us which room we were in at anytime we made a visit as it wasn’t manned accept when they were stocking up!! For your info when we stayed they told us everyone seemed to be there on a birthday!!

SRF. 43 posts

Hi if you go to the 1st floor in the main house and turn right and right again that’s where the butler’s pantry is and you can pour yourself a glass of wine etc and sit out on the balcony terrace if the weather’s nice, no one asked us which room we were in at anytime we made a visit as it wasn’t manned accept when they were stocking up!! For your info when we stayed they told us everyone seemed to be there on a birthday!!

Nice tip. I’ll pack my wedding cert in case need proof. Wife’s birthday is week later so that info may get an airing too

Colin MacKinnon 283 posts

Had a drink with Christine Keeler a couple of times in Crockers above the canal in Marylebone back in the 80s. Always meant to go to Cliveden.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.