Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Covid travel Collinson PCR test result overdue; what should I do?

Collinson PCR test result overdue; what should I do?

• johnny

Our Collinson 48 hour PCRs are now overdue and I am beginning to panic. A quick check of Twitter reveals that Collinson has left many people the lurch. Ireland will also accept an antigen test taken within 24 hours but ExpressTest is now fully booked at LHR (all terminals). We had planned to stay at Sofitel T5 tonight but the Halo site doesn’t say much (anything?) about pre-departure antigen testing. IE guidance says “professional” test cannot be self-administered. Any suggestions ?!

numbersAreOdd

I am in the same situation, not sure what to do; have a flight early tomorrow morning. Any advice appreciated!

meta

When I did my rapid PCR test last week at the O2. They were telling people who had 24hr/48hrs test booked that they are not going to process them within the stated times and they can get a full refund or pay more for the rapid one. They have an issue at the main lab. Our rapid ones were processed within 2h30 which is done at the different (on site?) lab.

numbersAreOdd

Thanks Meta, in how much time did you get the results?

johnny

When I did my rapid PCR test last week at the O2. They were telling people who had 24hr/48hrs test booked that they are not going to process them within the stated times and they can get a full refund or pay more for the rapid one.

Unfortunately no warnings were provided at LTN when we drove there for tests on Saturday. But it was a horrid and shambolic experience, totally unlike their professional operation at St Pancras.

meta

Thanks Meta, in how much time did you get the results?

2h30 on Friday morning.

KP

That’s a bit worrying. I’m planning to go to Collinson O2 on Wed afternoon for a flight on 6am Saturday morning 9(6hr PCR test required)

Mirp

Went to Collinson this morning at LCY. Went for rapid PCR as I thought the £11 extra was insurance to make sure we got results on time. We got them within 2.5 hours. Queued for 45 minutes to get test. Service has gone down compared to experience in the summer. Not as many staff performing test and many more customers requiring tests.

KP

Is there any other place around LCY or o2 arena which does PCR tests and are reliable ?

Benilyn

Did Day 2 PCR on Sunday, got my result in less than 12 hours.
    At The O2.

• This reply was modified 52 years, 11 months ago by .
    ambient

We were in the same situation recently, 2 x 48 hour PCR turned around in 52 and 55 hours respectively. It doesn’t sound like such a big deal, but when that starts to get into the time when you are supposed to be heading to the airport, like it did for us, and you still can’t check in……. Stressful!

In the end, we complained via twitter and to be fair to Collinson they arranged a full refund, which was received back to the credit card in under 48 hours, ironically enough.

Collinsons were my go to last summer, it was a great service and seemed to work flawlessly. But we’re going to try some other providers from now on.

Dave_C

I used Collinson at LCY for an arrival PCR a couple of weeks ago. Total shambles at the test centre, waiting for an hour or so, and the results took over 48 hours. However at least I got a refund out them without argument.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.