Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help Compensation for flight cancelled multiple times (after rebooking earlier)

• Olly 242 posts

Hi,

If a flight is cancelled, rebooked, and then the rebooked flight (which was then earlier than the original flight) is cancelled, under EU261, are you due compensation for the first booked flight, the rebooked one or both?

points_worrier 294 posts

Both.
    Assuming it is not extraordinary circumstances, which they will almost certainly try and claim.

Olly 242 posts

Thanks. Apparently the rebooked one had a ‘Y’ attached meaning it should be eligible but not sure about the original. As you say, I have every confidence that they will attempt to get away with paying the minimum amount

JDB 4,375 posts

Both.
    Assuming it is not extraordinary circumstances, which they will almost certainly try and claim.

Obviously this assumes both cancellations made inside 14 days and no ‘exceptional circumstances’ which will be much (ab)used in the current environment – weather, covid, slot/pax caps, ATC etc.

Olly 242 posts

How long is it reasonable to expect a response from BA to a complaint?

They responded to my complaint within 8 days granting compensation, but my wife’s complaint (which was logged immediately afterwards) concerning the multiple cancellations she experienced has yet to receive a response (a week later)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.