Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Connecting Uber and BA on iPhone

• can 506 posts

If you are like me, used Uber the last time abroad, you may not see the bit to enter your baec number on the Uber app.
    (Drum roll)
    I think I fixed it!
    Go to the settings on iPhone, and go to the Uber settings in it (not the settings in the Uber app), allow Uber to track your location “always”.
    After that magically Avios/BAEC bit appeared.

I posted on the news page, but repeating it here for your jolly convenience.
    I hope I’m not repeating a solution everyone figure out already.

duggie1982 261 posts

Nice one, just linked my account there

Londonsteve 194 posts

I just checked my app and found that BAEC had magically appeared overnight after updating the app without having to vary any permissions. I’ve successfully linked the accounts just now.

Wally1976 188 posts

Thank you, similar also worked for me on Android. Settings – Location – App access to location – Uber – Allow only while using the app.

ChasP 155 posts

swapped access on my Android from when using app to ask every time
    back into app allow access this time and voila rewards appear

sdahl38 11 posts

Tried all of the above and still does not seem to be working. I am currently in Sweden and wanted to make use of this new feature and frustrated that it will not work. Cannot seem to find how to send a message to Uber for support either.

can 506 posts

Tried all of the above and still does not seem to be working. I am currently in Sweden and wanted to make use of this new feature and frustrated that it will not work. Cannot seem to find how to send a message to Uber for support either.

Yeah but that’s the whole point: app must know you are in the UK. Either try again with this method when you are back or use a vpn that has a server in the UK

dst87 263 posts

Tried everything in this thread and still no luck. Uber support completely useless. Uninstalled / re-installed / signed out and in / changed various location privacy settings. No idea what to try next.

Maybe I need to actually take a ride in the UK with Uber? Seems extreme. 😂

marshy11 247 posts

Tried everything in this thread and still no luck. Uber support completely useless. Uninstalled / re-installed / signed out and in / changed various location privacy settings. No idea what to try next.

Maybe I need to actually take a ride in the UK with Uber? Seems extreme. 😂

I had a new Uber update to the app yesterday – having previously had similar issues to you – and hey presto, the BA link appeared straight after the update yesterday.

Mike_93 1 post

Have the Android Uber app and have tried all the above fixes but none have so far worked. I’m in UK with the Uber app showing £ prices and location on, but the rewards option to link to is Air Canada Aeroplan!!! I can’t get it to show up BAEC.
    I’ve also tried clearing cache and app data, and reinstalling but still only see Aeroplan.
    Anyone else had this or any ideas please ?? Help!

Bernie100 2 posts

I have the same issue. Can only get Air Canada, I phoned UBer. Don’t waste your time Staff knew nothing. They advised sending them a message and reply would follow. Nothing received. My wife was successful in Linking her Uber Account with BA.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.