Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Converted nectar to Avios, now nectar has a minus balance

• sturgeon 187 posts

This isn’t strictly an Avios question but maybe someone can help. I recently took part in the 20x nectar promo on eBay for Black Friday. I’ve since returned the item I purchased as I found it cheaper elsewhere. Before this id converted the nectar points plus the rest of my nectar balance to Avios.

Now I can see my nectar balance is minus this amount (6000 points) as they’ve deducted this after the return went through.

What can they now do, do I ‘owe’ this amount and can they pursue me? Can I just open another nectar account under a different email and start from a new balance of zero? If doing this what should I do first, ie can you unlink your BA exec and nectar account?

Scott 240 posts

Would you consider transferring the appropriate number of Avios back, since you haven’t earned those Nectar points?

sturgeon 187 posts

I would consider it yes. However with the devaluation I’d be even worse off. Hence I’m intrigued if I can just leave that balance as negative and move on.

colinc57 40 posts

For the sake of £30 I would want to risk future earning potential

duggie1982 261 posts

I would just set up a new nectar account, easily reconnect a new account with BAEC (think you can do this a couple of time though)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.