Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Creation Financial Services bashing

• NorthernLass 7,502 posts

Thanks LL. I requested all that in my initial complaint so I’m taking this letter as their final position. I will make it very clear that I do not consider the offer to return £99 fee to remotely cover what they owe me!

How much does IHG sell points for?

JDB 4,336 posts

@Lady London – one additional rider is that if you fail at MCOL and are unhappy with the decision, the correct procedure is to appeal, which is not a realistic option for a small claim. The FOS cannot be and will not allow itself to be used as a route for a back door ‘appeal’.

Don 24 posts

Just received the reply to my Creation complaint. No refund of annual fee pro rata. No IHG points transfer. No free night certificate. The Financial Ombudsman seems to be the next step.

OrangeRWB 3 posts

So I find myself in a different position to most posters (I think). My IHG card has not be cancelled but it has become unusable. No online transactions are possible (even after correct authentication), chip and pin transactions are declined and contactless not a chance. I just received a new card and thought that might resolve the issues. Nope.

I have never had a reply to my online messages (stretching back almost 6 months). I guess the advice would be to call- people are getting through eventually? Interestingly I’v never had acknowledgement of my online messages that stipulated they were a complaint.

Think I’ll be following everyone else…not sure what has happened with Creation.

NorthernLass 7,502 posts

I bet they’ve cancelled your account and forgotten to tell you!

Lady London 2,035 posts

Undoubtedly.

From reports on here Creation has often claimed they sent required notices to cardholders that were never received. Including notice that Creation was closing their accounts. Far, far too many times for Creation to have really sent everything they claimed to have sent. So we could gather the numbers to show it’s not just a one-off happening to individual cardholders.

To help anyone in this situation I am wondering if people would actually respond to a new separate thread asking them to post if Creation ever claimed to have sent something to cardholder that cardholder never received.

I’m not sure if that might help anyone mentioning this kind of problem in an mcol or to FOS, or if it would count as evidence of an inefficient operation or if very high numbers reported this issue, hint at any potentially mendacious pattern of behaviour on the part of Creation. The problem being posters are fairly anonymous here. So unsure how collating feedback on this can be done in a way that would be accepted. So even though Creation not sending letters they later claim they did, does seem to be a pattern occurring far too frequently, I am not sure how we can get them called out on it.

JDB 4,336 posts

@OrangeRWB I don’t see how, even with an organisation that people report isn’t very competent, that you can’t ascertain whether your account is open and get it working if it is. I think this could easily have been sorted out many weeks ago if you were genuinely interested in using the card.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 3 months ago by .
    Aston100 1,375 posts

@OrangeRWB I don’t see how, even with an organisation that people report isn’t very competent, that you can’t ascertain whether your account is open and get it working if it is. I think this could easily have been sorted out many weeks ago if you were genuinely interested in using the card.

Hi JDB. Maybe if your colleagues at Creation bothered to respond to messages that were sent through the app, perhaps @orangerwb would have learnt about the status of his account a lot earlier?
    When you next report into Creation, you might want to ask them to look into their in-app messaging as a number of people (myself included) have had no response to queries through that.

the_real_a 9 posts

@OrangeRWB

You need to speak to the fraud team directly. From experience, there are blocks on the account that the badly trained front line call handlers cannot see. If you can force a failed 3D authentication there is a direct phone number on there to the fraud dept.

JDB 4,336 posts

@Aston100 I love it that you are convinced I have anything to do with Creation, but I’m sorry, there are some issues that one just needs to get sorted out for oneself. However rubbish any organisation may be, it doesn’t take weeks to sort this sort of thing out; it just isn’t that difficult. It’s not serious to suggest that a customer hasn’t been able to get in touch with Creation or any other card provider in six months as the poster says. With email, in app messages, telephone or even post, anyone serious could have got this resolved in days.

EwanG 111 posts

You’re too polite @JDB: “people report [Creation] isn’t very competent” 🙂
    Creation didn’t prove themselves at all capable dealing with a previous complaint of mine regarding 3DS (before the latest set of PSD2 changes added the

EwanG 111 posts

(Continuation – I switched to a different tab yet the forum software took this as a post request)
    … additional authentication step. Creation CS were unwilling/unable to raise to MasterCard, so yes I wouldn’t be surprised for them to take weeks or months and still be unable to sort @OrangeRWB’s problem!!!

Aston100 1,375 posts

@Aston100 With email, in app messages, telephone or even post, anyone serious could have got this resolved in days.

Given the NUMEROUS comments in this thread alone about the incompetence of Creation, you are either incredibly naïve, or more likely a Creation shill.
    I’m going with Creation Shill, especially due to all the attempts to dissuade people from taking action against Creation and through use of scaremongering.

stevenhp1987 330 posts

@Aston100 I love it that you are convinced I have anything to do with Creation, but I’m sorry, there are some issues that one just needs to get sorted out for oneself. However rubbish any organisation may be, it doesn’t take weeks to sort this sort of thing out; it just isn’t that difficult. It’s not serious to suggest that a customer hasn’t been able to get in touch with Creation or any other card provider in six months as the poster says. With email, in app messages, telephone or even post, anyone serious could have got this resolved in days.

It’s Creation. I would be surprised if they could look at any sort of communication within 6 months!
    Your right it shouldn’t take long… But Creation ARE taking months to arrive at nonsensical conclusions. No way any complaint with Creation will be solved in days.

That’s the best joke I’ve heard all evening! Thanks for brightening up my day!

SteveJ 975 posts

It does seem that all @OrangeRWB has tried to do to sort their situation is to use the in app messaging.

Now yes, the in app messaging should work as advertised. But if they really wanted this fixed I agree with @JDB they should’ve tried other means.

Some of the posts above are getting beyond ridiculous. In all this rush to hate on Creation this forum has lost it’s mind.

JDB 4,336 posts

Hi JDB. Maybe if your colleagues at Creation bothered to respond to messages that were sent through the app, perhaps @orangerwb would have learnt about the status of his account a lot earlier?
    When you next report into Creation, you might want to ask them to look into their in-app messaging as a number of people (myself included) have had no response to queries through that.

@Aston100
    I love it that you are convinced I have anything to do with Creation, but I’m sorry, there are some issues that one just needs to get sorted out for oneself. However rubbish any organisation may be, it doesn’t take weeks to sort this sort of thing out; it just isn’t that difficult. It’s not serious to suggest that a customer hasn’t been able to get in touch with them in six months as the poster says. With email, in app message, telephone or even post, anyone serious could have got this resolved in days.

OrangeRWB 3 posts

Just thought I would provide an update here. I should have been clear. I have tried to contact Creation by phone on numerous occasions. Twice I gave up after 45mins on hold and today I thought I got through after 15 minutes, but there was no one at the other end.

I had thought the online and in app messaging would eventually be answered but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

If anyone has any tips on getting through on the phone (are particular menu options more fruitful for example) that would be much appreciated. I will give them another go now and see if I have more luck but I’m not holding out much hope.

I’m assuming they haven’t closed my account as they sent me a new card only a week or two ago but with Creation who knows…

Rui N. 830 posts

I don’t know what is the surprise of not being able to contact Creation or any other companies (in my case I’m still waiting on an acknowledgement to my complaint from around 1 month ago, and they never got back to me on my several attempts to contact them regarding other matters not related to the closure).

I actually have one example of a company that never got back to me regarding a complaint first submitted over one year ago. This is my water provider, to which I’ve complained by email and post, never heard a peep. I’ve raised the issue to the “Consumer Council for Water”, they never replied to them and apparently never even picked up the phone on the multiple occasions that they’ve tried to contact them (the lady responsible for my case said she had never seen such a thing). The CCW gave up and recommended raising the issue to CEDR. Guess what? The water provider never replied to CEDR neither. It’s currently on a “pending” status, with the CEDR giving them an ultimatum to reply otherwise they will rule in my favour. I think regardless of the result, they’ll ignore the CEDR ruling.
    So, do please tell me how it is not possible that someone isn’t able to solve an issue with a company.

SteveJ 975 posts
    chrism20 89 posts

Didn’t someone a few pages back say they had received a letter saying that if they wanted to speak about the complaint they should call then in the next paragraph it said the offices are closed and the phone lines are unmanned?

Don 24 posts

Have sent complaint to the FO today, requesting pro-rata fee refund, points in account, and free night certificate. Very easy to do. https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/. Let’s see what happens.

BillySillyWilly 20 posts

Has everyone who’s had an account cancelled noticed their account is still technically open? It shows in my credit report and I wondered if they are so hell bent on cancelling, why they don’t actually follow through?

Rui N. 830 posts

Mine shows as closed on Credit Karma on 02 Dec 2021.

Geoggy 41 posts

Just submitted my complaint to FOS online. Can concur it is very easy to do.

Must admit all the counter arguments in this thread have made me procrastinate on doing this, but the realisation that the only motivation and the time taken for certain factions to do this had to be deliberate.

If it isn’t, maybe get out more?

QFFlyer 151 posts

Mine shows as closed on Credit Karma on 02 Dec 2021.

Just checked mine and they’re both showing as closed 2/12/2021 too.

Slightly irrelevant, but where’s the other 15-ish pages of this thread gone? It was up to 44 pages y’day, now only 28?!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.