Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Creation Financial Services bashing

• jpa 6 posts

I have my missing points and free night. Only recently complained and had no response. So I think my recent complaint and getting the points/night are unrelated. However tried booking using the free night and virtually every booking is saying I can’t use UK free night for that day even when normal point nights are fine. Looks like legendary IHG IT again!

It is possible I have a pro rata refund also but can’t remember which account the direct debit came out of originally!

qc 205 posts

I’m a bit late to the party – both my husband and I are missing the Free nights and points not awarded so we are now going to contact Creation to claim them but I can’t find an email address to send the claim to – I did speed read through several pages of this thread but nothing.

Is there an email address that everyone is using or do we just use the contact us form on their website?

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

I don’t think there is, you may need to write to them, which is what I did initially.

@jpa
    , which properties have you tried to book? They don’t work at Mr & Mrs Smith but I’ve seen excellent availability at most other brands.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Is there an email address that everyone is using or do we just use the contact us form on their website?

customersupportenquiries@creation.co.uk
    customercare@creation.co.uk

This will get your request / complaint registered.

Harrier25 852 posts

There is also a complaints contact us form on their website which is the way I contacted them last week and I received an automated email immediately, followed by a reply from a member of staff a few days later to inform me that my complaint had been received and would be investigated.

GillyDee 92 posts

We were also late to the party. However, we emailed customercare@creation.co.uk on 18th March, received the automated response and then a follow-up on 22nd March. My complaint was only with regards to missing points and a pro-rata refund. Points arrived last week, no sign of a refund.

Jill Kinkell 153 posts

Trying to log in to my IHG cc account and a Creation message keeps appearing stating session expired and to login again.keeps going round in circles of log in, expired session, login etc. Is this their rubbish IT system and anyone else finding this?

DoubleA 24 posts

No, tried the app and desktop, both logged in ok for me

DanGK 15 posts

Has anyone received the pro rata refund of the annual fee?

DonLee 214 posts

No, free night and missing points were received a week ago

Saddle Point 13 posts

Yes got the pro rata refund a few days ago paid into my bank account.

Anna 458 posts

A head’s up on the free night certificates – although they say “book by” 2/4/24, the IHG app is telling me they are not actually valid beyond that, which is very annoying 😡

DonLee 214 posts

@Anna Have you tried desktop version? I had same issue last year when app not allow but desktop version did. My is book by 18/4/24 so yet to test as it’s still too far out.

Anna 458 posts

My bad! I forgot you have to start every search from scratch or it comes up as no availability 🙄. Gotta love that IHG IT!

jj 520 posts

Still no sign of my voucher. For the benefit of others in my situation, this is the latest situation.

I contacted Creation on 20 April but no reply, Asked FOS to reopen my complaint, and the told me that Creation is still processing claims and needs a further two weeks. After that, FOS will chase for me.

Hopefully my voucher will have a sensible validity period when (if) it finally arrives.

Jamjaw 37 posts

Still no sign of my voucher. For the benefit of others in my situation, this is the latest situation.

I contacted Creation on 20 April but no reply, Asked FOS to reopen my complaint, and the told me that Creation is still processing claims and needs a further two weeks. After that, FOS will chase for me.

Hopefully my voucher will have a sensible validity period when (if) it finally arrives.

Sounds the same as me – got an email with my refund of my fee but no points, no voucher. I now need the voucher as a hotel has closed on me leaving me with a night in NYC with no hotel and two young kids!

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Got to love Creation though, they just sent an update about my case, to my email address, but with my OH’s name on it (we don’t even have the same surname)🤦‍♀️

Froggee 896 posts

Got to love Creation though, they just sent an update about my case, to my email address, but with my OH’s name on it (we don’t even have the same surname)🤦‍♀️

Without wishing to pry, make gender assumptions or ask you to reveal personal information online, is your OH’s surname “Lad” by any chance?

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Ha, he has been known to take to Twitter if extremely provoked (like waiting 90 mins for luggage at MAN), but his social media handles are not remotely laddish!

kwho 62 posts

Without wishing to pry, make gender assumptions or ask you to reveal personal information online, is your OH’s surname “Lad” by any chance?

In the witness statement for the hearing in my case, they quoted someone else’s account and spending. I do not know how they mess these things up.

clwickers 1 post

I too have had a refund of the part of my fee (all £5 of it!) but of course no sign of the free night. Creation have said they are going to look into it….. I am not holding my breath. Naively I thought they would actually abide by the decision of the Financial Ombudsman without too many issues – I didn’t expect them to repeatedly ‘stick two fingers up’ at them as well. What a morally bankrupt business they are!

Crafty 150 posts

I have had complete radio silence from both Creation and the FOS on why my redress has only been partial. I’m feeling pretty fed up about this, to be honest. It’s unclear why Creation have been allowed by the FOS to (a) treat us as a group, but at the same time (b) arbitrarily discriminate among said group.

BajiNahid 167 posts

How long does it take to clear payments made to creation? It bloody takes forever for me, barclays takes an hour for it to clear and amex does it straight away. Honestly, all banks need to be as efficient as amex.

Colin MacKinnon 283 posts

So, with Creation/IHG link closing next month, I have now used the threat of legal action card. FoS email also sent to Creation.

Hi James (at FoS),
    Sadly, Creation have failed to fulfil their agreement with us all. The one item in my claim was the Free Night Voucher.
    Creation have failed to credit my account with this, and have now failed to reply to an email of April 20th seeking to clarify the matter.
    I am now concerned that, since Creation have now announced that their link with IHG will end towards the end of next month, there will be no mechanism to issue such a voucher.
    I am booked this summer in a room with one of these vouchers that would, otherwise, have cost me £1200! So this is a serious matter to me. 
    If I cannot get a speedy resolution, then I will have to seriously consider small claims court action in Scotland.
    This is my email:
    **************************Hi,
    Thank you for your response, although if you had read the previous correspondence you would have noted that I had already been refunded the £99 long ago and that I had earned no points between the closure notice and the closure date.
    The only item in question was the Free Night Voucher, which you have not confirmed was issued. See my italics.
    “we can confirm that any extra IHG reward points, and a free night stay voucher, if they were due, have already gone over to IHG and should now be showing on your rewards account”

When I look at my IHG account, screenshot attached, there is no Free Night (other than a Weekend Intercontinental Ambassador one, which is part of a separate scheme). Before I go back to the Financial Ombudsman Service, can you confirm:
    a) you find me entitled to the Free Night Voucher, but have either not sent it, or sent it to the wrong account, orb) you claim that I am not entitled to it.
    Very best wishes,

John 1,000 posts

How long does it take to clear payments made to creation? It bloody takes forever for me, barclays takes an hour for it to clear and amex does it straight away. Honestly, all banks need to be as efficient as amex.

What do you mean by clear?

Payments to Amex show up on your balance straight away, but it doesn’t mean they have cleared. For example if your direct debit to Amex doesn’t get honoured, Amex still shows it as paid when they submit it to your current account, but a few days later it will be reversed on your Amex account. Meanwhile other banks only show the DD as taken on the day they take it.

My payments to creation always show as processed the next working day, even when I use a CC. My debit card payments to Barclays show up as pending very quickly, but may take up to 3 days to get processed.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.