Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Creation – new 2FA causing issues?

• Toppcat 50 posts

Is anyone else seeing a new 2FA process for Creation, and is it causing issues?

I used to be asked to enter digits X&Y from my online code, as well as the SMS code on the same page. I now do X&Y on one page, and get taken to the next page to enter the SMS code.

Simultaneously, all my top ups to Revs (Che??) are now failing, so I suspect these changes are related…

JerrySignfield 101 posts

Perhaps the wrong site for Creation card holders 🙁

It never worked for me properly and the sms code usually took over 5minutes to arrive when its time limited

Guernsey Globetrotter 585 posts

It never worked for me properly and the sms code usually took over 5minutes to arrive when its time limited

How much r u trying to Che each time? In my experience since the new 2FA changes any amount >£1,800 will fail and you can only do this once every 4 days too.

Toppcat 50 posts

Hi GG – I used to do £5k per day / couple of days. Now I am experiencing the same as you – every 4 days or so is okay, everything else gets declined (albeit I haven’t managed to get £1.8k approved, max about £1k so far). Not sure it’s worth the hassle at that level. The white card doesn’t give much by way of rewards…

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Toppcat 50 posts

Hi Jerry – yes, that is true! Don’t know how I managed to escape the great cull…

RussellH 154 posts

FWIW, never had any problems with Creation 2FA.

But then we just have always used our cards as payment cards, not doing funny financial transfers

Guernsey Globetrotter 585 posts

FWIW, never had any problems with Creation 2FA.

But then we just have always used our cards as payment cards, not doing funny financial transfers

But where’s the fun in that @RussellH ?!!

RussellH 154 posts

My Marriott MasterCard is about the only method I have for earning Marriott points. No fun at all in losing it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.