Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Curve Metal customer service

• Ash 621 posts

Other than the in app messaging is there another way to contact Curve?

Its taking weeks to get a response. And months to get £200 of earned cashback offers moved from pending status.

If this is Metal priority customer service i feel sorry for basic card holders.

TooPoorToBeHere 238 posts

It seems very inconsistent.

I’ve had a couple of interactions with in-app CS – once over a payment which stayed uncompleted for weeks, once over a false Loungekey charge – and both were fixed promptly.

Harrier25 852 posts
    Ash 621 posts

Thank you : )

PeteM 709 posts

Harassing them over Twitter has generally led to a quicker reply for me.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

I received a reply after 25 days!

Carlos 758 posts

No difference in customer service if you have a metal card, they will try and fob you off 100 ways

Kuestrian 57 posts

I pity anyone still with Curve. They have fallen so far it’s impossible to see how they will continue existing much longer. It seems like they are down to a skeleton staff just keeping the lights on.

I had to contact my card provider and block them from taking Metal fees, after repeatedly trying to get them to downgrade my account via in-app, email and Twitter. I now need to claw back the fees taken for the months I was banging my head against the Curve CS wall, but at least I am now free from Curve.

The Urbanite 118 posts

I don’t even get any customer service anymore – the last of a string of accounts I set up (and subsequently got shut down) got shut down without so much as a word from them. The £150 I paid for Metal did get refunded pretty swiftly though.

moe8555 41 posts

I think the company is running out of money. I have the U.S. version of the card, and about a month ago, it stopped allowing foreign transaction charges (i.e. non-USD charges) to go through. At first I thought maybe they had sanctioned my account for some reason (it’s happened before…). Upon contacting customer support, I was told that they have disabled foreign transactions for all cardholders and do not currently know when they will be reactivated.

Unfortunately, I don’t know anybody else with the U.S. version of the card to verify this with.

Harrier25 852 posts

If they are running low on funds then it won’t be a shock, but a shame. Curve could’ve been so much more than it became.

JDB 4,378 posts

If they are running low on funds then it won’t be a shock, but a shame. Curve could’ve been so much more than it became.

As far as I’m concerned it has been a fantastically profitable and productive ride as a customer since inception. I never understood the business case so didn’t expect it to last as long as it has.

Harrier25 852 posts

Fantastically profitable for me too @JDB, which is why it’s a shame. The major issue is that it was super fantastically profitable before they launched the subscription model and for those who knew how to manipulate it properly, continued to be very profitable without having to pay a subscription, but never became a product for the masses.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Please tell me non-US cards can still make foreign currency transactions?! I have a 3 week US trip next month and was hoping to put a chunk of our spend through Curve.

Harrier25 852 posts

Please tell me non-US cards can still make foreign currency transactions?! I have a 3 week US trip next month and was hoping to put a chunk of our spend through Curve.

I don’t think the restrictions, if they do exist, apply to UK card holders. We could also be reading too much into this and the USA restrictions could be a regulatory problem, rather than a funding issue with Curve.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Hopefully, Harrier. Though I always travel with multiple back up options, I’m hoping to trigger my next Virgin voucher via this trip and would rather do it without incurring FX fees!
    *Take note, @Mikeact, *Virgin* voucher. Not BA!

Ash 621 posts

Using UK Curve in Texas at the moment with no problems.

Getting curve to credit £165 pending curve cashback, thats a different story.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.