Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Curve Metal – rental car excess waiver

• toddy 113 posts

The insurance T&Cs state that cover is not provided for “rental vehicles with a retail purchase price of >35k euro”.

Has anyone any experience and/or thoughts here?

I’m a bit apprehensive as a lot of the time you don’t know the exact vehicle until you arrive. It’s not unusual for the rental listing to be XXXXX or similar.

Carlos 758 posts

Whats curves excess waiver rules?

JDB 4,378 posts

Note also that on the Curve Metal car rental insurance, it only covers you for CDW, not theft or liability.

Tracy 315 posts

I have just bought car hire for Portugal for March 2022. It does not include the £2500 excess cover. Will curve metal cover this? Do I need to have paid for the car hire using Curve?

JerrySignfield 101 posts

I have just bought car hire for Portugal for March 2022. It does not include the £2500 excess cover. Will curve metal cover this? Do I need to have paid for the car hire using Curve?

You don’t need to use the Curve card afaik its an insurance product to cover excess

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.